NEED HELP, ADD DUAL FUEL NOW NO START?!

Reaction score
I'll also go ahead and tell you, this isn't an issue with the pump or pump wiring. That could potentially cause a crank/no start condition, but what you have is a complete no-crank condition.

It's possible that the shop who installed it returned the truck to stock, but it would have cranked and ran at least once before entering a fault condition for the missing hardware. This sure seems like something interrupted the tune download in-progess. Battery condition, ID10T error by the tech, etc.

I would guess at this point the Mini didn't load the tune correctly for whatever reason. Truck noticed a lack of emissions equipment, they probably got it to crank once but had air the in the system. Now it's in no crank.

My advice, flash the truck stock with the mini. Then reflash all modules with a Ford IDS. This should get it back to a one time crank. Then flash a custom tune with the mini.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
FWIW, in my field, I refer to the "1D10T fitting" as being the ball buster of any jr guy! Lol, good stuff. I've got the helpful questions you've asked me poised to the shop I'm dealing with. Can I give you the responses for some feedback?

Sure, just post up their responses here.

If you still have a PRNDL light, odometer mileage, and response from the ECM, I'd follow Luke's advice below of simply returning to stock and reflashing.

gratitudefortoday

Reaction score
Sure, just post up their responses here.

If you still have a PRNDL light, odometer mileage, and response from the ECM, I'd follow Luke's advice below of simply returning to stock and reflashing.

Okay, so their scan tool communicates with the ECM with no problems. It does have PRNDL on the dash and all is normal there. It has a reduced power light on the dash. It does have a low rail pressure code. My truck was on a battery charger when they installed the tunes. They are gonna try loading a tune with a SCT to eliminate the MM as an issue. They are also gonna return to stock and see if it will crank.

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Okay, so their scan tool communicates with the ECM with no problems. It does have PRNDL on the dash and all is normal there. It has a reduced power light on the dash. It does have a low rail pressure code. My truck was on a battery charger when they installed the tunes. They are gonna try loading a tune with a SCT to eliminate the MM as an issue. They are also gonna return to stock and see if it will crank.

That makes it much easier. They simply have the wrong calibration loaded.

But as already mentioned before, you will need a custom calibration to work with those dual pumps.

gratitudefortoday

Reaction score
That makes it much easier. They simply have the wrong calibration loaded.

But as already mentioned before, you will need a custom calibration to work with those dual pumps.

Lol, I have provided them runes from 3 different sources, @bigrpowr being 1 of them, that take the dual fuelers into account? This is the same shop that installed my turbo, exhaust, and minimax with custom geerhead runes the first time around.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Lol, I have provided them runes from 3 different sources, @bigrpowr being 1 of them, that take the dual fuelers into account? This is the same shop that installed my turbo, exhaust, and minimax with custom geerhead runes the first time around.

they need to return to stock, reflash, and then reload. something funky happened here. it sounds like human error to me . i am just guessing though .

Reaction score
I've also been working with the shop that's working on your truck and there seems to be a lot of conflicting information between what they are telling me and what they are telling you. They keep telling me that the truck cranks but does not start which is a vital piece of information in this situation.

I have also sent them one of our calibrations but it's pretty useless until they figure out the root cause. I told Tiny yesterday to return the truck to stock and then start from scratch loading the tuner back on the truck with our calibration. Now we wait....

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
Totally unrelated but I do have to ask... Will a dead battery cause a truck to lose it's custom d3lete tunes? Other night I was changing my fuel filters and noticed a good bit of corrosion on the battery terminals so I unhooked one battery at a time to wire brush them off some. No issues with my truck and it ran fine afterwards (knock on wood it still does after work today lol). But I was just wondering if I am better off buying 2 batteries before I know they're both bad and I lose my tune as it sounds like this might've been the issue here right?

sootie

Reaction score
Totally unrelated but I do have to ask... Will a dead battery cause a truck to lose it's custom d3lete tunes? Other night I was changing my fuel filters and noticed a good bit of corrosion on the battery terminals so I unhooked one battery at a time to wire brush them off some. No issues with my truck and it ran fine afterwards (knock on wood it still does after work today lol). But I was just wondering if I am better off buying 2 batteries before I know they're both bad and I lose my tune as it sounds like this might've been the issue here right?

no a dead battery will not affect what is flashed to the pcm. no, that is not what happened here.

NCSU dirt man

Reaction score
no a dead battery will not affect what is flashed to the pcm. no, that is not what happened here.

Awesome thanks man I was worried that might happen. Appreciate the clarification about that one as I didn't want to go buy 2 batteries anytime soon haha

mikeeg02

Reaction score
I would suggest changing both at the same time. Generally one good one and one bad one paralleled will end up making for two mediocre ones. Has to do with float voltages and discharge rates.

The better one "charges" the worse of the two and they meet in the middle which has the better of the two slightly discharged. Effectively limiting the better batteries capacity.

Just always better to replace both at the same time, even if only one is "failing"

gratitudefortoday

Reaction score
I've also been working with the shop that's working on your truck and there seems to be a lot of conflicting information between what they are telling me and what they are telling you. They keep telling me that the truck cranks but does not start which is a vital piece of information in this situation.

I have also sent them one of our calibrations but it's pretty useless until they figure out the root cause. I told Tiny yesterday to return the truck to stock and then start from scratch loading the tuner back on the truck with our calibration. Now we wait....

Well hello Dallas. Glad to meet the guy from H&S who's been dealing with them. I was told before that my truck would not turn over. I got some tunez from @jcain that "didn't work". He called them and was told no crank as well. He said that earlier in this thread. I emailed the shop this morning and they tell me today that my truck has been turning over but will not start?! I called them back this afternoon and they have sent my truck out to another place to have it reflashed. Thanks for helping from your end Dallas. Now we wait....

jcain

Reaction score
I've given them a reputable tuner's tunes, my own tunes, no limit gave them a tune and now h&s has given them base tunes. Clearly it's not the tunes.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

SpartanDieselTech

Reaction score
Don't want to sound harsh here, but if it was my truck- at this point I'd be towing it to a shop that knew what the hell they were doing. From everything I've gathered, these guys aren't qualified to be working on these engines, and moreso with aftermarket parts they don't understand.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Don't want to sound harsh here, but if it was my truck- at this point I'd be towing it to a shop that knew what the hell they were doing. From everything I've gathered, these guys aren't qualified to be working on these engines, and moreso with aftermarket parts they don't understand.

yeah this is pretty outrageous.

gratitudefortoday

Reaction score

It's gotten to that point today when they told me my truck had to go out to another shop get reflashed. At this point I don't know what's been done to my truck and my concern now is, if I take it of their hands then they're not liable for the complete and proper repair?

Latest posts

Members online