Need turbo/ no boost help!

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Then you need to check your HPOP. Maybe check for boost leaks

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
Found this- "Check the Injection Pressure Regulator (IPR) Duty Cycle under a load.
•Drive the vehicle at Wide Open Throttle (WOT) under a load (pulling a hill).
•Verify the IPR Duty Cycle Does not increase above 65% with ICP less than 2000 psi.
•If you see greater than 65% Duty Cycle, you may have a faulty IPR, Weak HPOP, or leaks in the high pressure oil system (injector O-rings). Individual component testing may be required."

Edge CTS will read IRP and ICP so I'm gonna try it out.

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
Just took her for a drive and have new issues, I dunno WTF! Had boost but still low 11-12 lbs max. At one point the whole truck was shaking with the motor as I acclerated. Stoped at the store, and when I came back out and backed up, it about stalled. If any one knows what these numbers mean, At idle IRP was 19% and 900psi. At WOT IRP was 50% and ICP was 3000psi. Starting to wonder if that new fuel system I had installed is another issue?

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
:fustrate:
Boost leaks.

Gonna run to the hardware store in the AM and grab the stuff to make it. Every thing is just sporatic. No boost then some, runs good then runs ruff. Only 72k original miles on the truck. Very annoying!!!!

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
Well just tried driving in to the store. Started it at let it idle for 10 minutes went back outside and it was idleing rough with lots of blue/white smoke. Tried backing up and it didnt even have enough power to pull its self on flat ground. Tried starting it again when
I got back from the store and now it wont even start?

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
i just read thru the thread from the beginning to review your test results, how long has it had this problem? does it seem to be worse with the engine hot rather than cold?

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
Temperature doesn't seem to make a difference. It was 50 out the other day when it wouldn't start.The problem started about a month ago with no boost. Now it won't even start. I did have that Irate fuel system installed about two months ago.

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
Problem solved. Air (alot of it) got in the fuel system some how. Got it all out and shes running good again. Don't know if the garage that installed that fuel system cut the new pickup line too short or if I am getting air somewhere else. Filled the truck up (was at just under a quarter tank) Gonna drive it around for a few days and see what happens. Thanks for all the help!

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
Bet you have a broken duckbill pickup in the tank. You need to do the Hutch and Harpoon mods.

The Irate Diesel fuel system came with a upgraded 5/8" pickup tube. Wonder if the guy that installed it cut it too short and im sucking air when low on fuel