Need turbo/ no boost help!

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You said they do not warm at idling. They do.
He stated 20 min idle time at -30 and EOT was above 150
It's making heat.
If I started mine at 15 degrees and let it run for 20-30 min with the heater on high... When I would get in I would have to turn it down and my thermostat would probably releasing some coolant to radiator.

My cummins took 20+ mins, my super duty took 20+mins, and my 2000 TDI take probably 30+mins, assuming its hi-idling, to put out heat. now, my '98 TDI w/ egr would put out some decent heat in 10-15mins.... but none of the other truck have egr. So maybe it was a coincidence that all of those vehicles had something ****ed up.... or maybe it just goes to prove that waste energy is almost non-existent in a diesel.

Freightshaker

Reaction score
I do not want to derail xray's thread any further. I will post an answer to your post shortly in your heater thread. Sorry X-ray for derailing as I am trying to follow your progress to learn.

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
My cummins took 20+ mins, my super duty took 20+mins, and my 2000 TDI take probably 30+mins, assuming its hi-idling, to put out heat. now, my '98 TDI w/ egr would put out some decent heat in 10-15mins.... but none of the other truck have egr. So maybe it was a coincidence that all of those vehicles had something ****ed up.... or maybe it just goes to prove that waste energy is almost non-existent in a diesel.
:popcorn:tell me more about the egr, i gotta hear this

bruce

Reaction score
well yeah id hope but i'd just get it all done at once, s468 is a big turbo and i think driveability would suffer a lot on stock injectors

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
plan on doing 238/100's a few weeks later. And a SRP1. Still havent decided on who Im gonna have do the tune.

ill pm you mikes number but will have to wait till monday to call. he is on vaca in the u.p. he is working on my dually also..

also why that turbo if only going with 238/100s..

live life full throttle

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
Well it's not the pick up tube. Half tank and I'm broke down on the side of the road with no tools. Don't know why I didn't bring any!

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
Unhooked fuel line under the hood turned the key, nothing. Unhooked the line at the fuel pump on the rail, turned the key, nothing. Gonna try a new pump.