Need turbo/ no boost help!

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
^Very interesting find!! Did you notice it doing it under low fuel conditions? What happens if you stick a FP gauge to your fuel port and measure it?

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
^Very interesting find!! Did you notice it doing it under low fuel conditions? What happens if you stick a FP gauge to your fuel port and measure it?

It has a pressure gauge under the hood and read 55-60 lbs the whole time. Filled ot and going to drive it now it see if it only acts up at under 1/4 tank.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
bet the pickup tube is a couple inches off the bottom of the tank... be plenty high enough to do exactly what you had going on... or one or two of the connections in the fuel system are loose..

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
Still gotta figure out the no boost on a cold start up issue. If the air in fuel issue is do to the pick up tube, Jake at Irate said he would send another for free but I think I am gonna just install a sump. Ordering my T4 turbo with 238cc/100% injectors in the next few weeks. I just want to make sure I get all this air out before the new goodies.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
on cold start your ebpv is closing until you get up to operating temps that i think are 160°+... its how it works.

live life full throttle

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
^yes exactly.. when the ebpv is closed, its slow as hell and no boost.

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
Drove it to the store this evening and I agree it is the ebpv. Seems to be sticking closed. Had no power and when I got out it still had the extra loud whistle like when it is warming up. Im gonna go with that T4 turbo so it's gonna get deleted anyways.

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
It was close to 50, I let it idle for 10 minutes. Drove 1 mile to the store then 1 mile back and when I stopped to throw the trash out is when I noticed it sounded funny.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
It was close to 50, I let it idle for 10 minutes. Drove 1 mile to the store then 1 mile back and when I stopped to throw the trash out is when I noticed it sounded funny.

Um @ 50* that ebpv should maybe close for 3 seconds and be done lol. Sounds like its def. sticking...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
what was your eot and coolant temp? if it actually is activating and staying shut the entire time you drove it then it may be faulty but if it does shut off and deactivates after more driving then you may have a eot sensor going bad.

live life full throttle

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
I jst started it with my remote start and it sounds like the ebpv was closed the second it fired. Usually runs for a minute or two before it has the "jet" sound. So I am guessing it is stuck closed. Gonna run up t the store and I will check them temps you were asking about. How would I get it unstuck if its stuck closed?

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Work it manually... its def stuck. Its a great idea, but can cause some minor issues sometimes.

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
I got it up to 172 seemed to run good after that. Seems like it takes forever to get warm. Let it idle a good 10+ minutes and it took 4 miles to get above 160

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Diesels dont get warm idling... ESPECIALLY without a hi-idle. the only way your gonna get heat outta it is driving. Sounds to me like a sticky ebpv is the only issue you have going on.

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
My truck is always on 140 tune. Is that bad? I hardly ever drive it. Its an 03 with 72k. Just wondering if that is hurting anything. I am not out beating on it, Just love the response when I need it. I work pipeline and everyones got a tuned diesel in my line of work it seems. Never know who your gonna run into!

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Nope I keep mine in hot setting too. Better mileage when out of the pedal, more power when I push it down lol.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Diesels dont get warm idling... ESPECIALLY without a hi-idle. the only way your gonna get heat outta it is driving. Sounds to me like a sticky ebpv is the only issue you have going on.

the *** it doesnt! why the *** do you keep saying this stupid sh!t? i can start my truck in -30° in Minnesota WITHOUT being plugged in and in 20-30 min of warm up time my eot WILL be above 150°..... and thats just sitting there idling with the ebpv activated on its own.. high idle might, MIGHT come on for ten minutes during that entire time... my red truck doesnt have the stock high idle or ebpv settings anymore and in 0° weather and 20 min of warm up the eot is around 140-150°.... i read it threw my otc genisys scanner and have done it on others in my family... stop giving the wrong info out....

op, any way you can read/monitor eot temps at startup. like i said before you may have a bad sensor causing it to stay on since you just post that after driving for a while the power was back?

live life full throttle

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
My truck used to heat up faster like you say. I am from Michigan so it gets cold too. Looks like now at 40 outside temp, I would have to let it idle for half hour or more to reach 150. Had to drive it few miles to get to that temp.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
like i said you may have a bad sensor. i can see it getting stuck, cuz that does happen... but you say i drives nice after a while im thinking the sensor is telling it from the get go that its way colder then it is... where from Michigan are you from.

live life full throttle