Need turbo/ no boost help!

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
like i said you may have a bad sensor. i can see it getting stuck, cuz that does happen... but you say i drives nice after a while im thinking the sensor is telling it from the get go that its way colder then it is... where from Michigan are you from.

live life full throttle

Jackson 49201

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
Hope she will make it home now, I got sent home for a week for a "refresher course". Have to leave saturday. Bout 400 miles from where I am in WV to MI

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
the *** it doesnt! why the *** do you keep saying this stupid sh!t? i can start my truck in -30° in Minnesota WITHOUT being plugged in and in 20-30 min of warm up time my eot WILL be above 150°..... and thats just sitting there idling with the ebpv activated on its own.. high idle might, MIGHT come on for ten minutes during that entire time... my red truck doesnt have the stock high idle or ebpv settings anymore and in 0° weather and 20 min of warm up the eot is around 140-150°.... i read it threw my otc genisys scanner and have done it on others in my family... stop giving the wrong info out....

op, any way you can read/monitor eot temps at startup. like i said before you may have a bad sensor causing it to stay on since you just post that after driving for a while the power was back?

live life full throttle

Really? Minnesota and NY must have two different ideas of -30* then, because if its 20* or longer my truck can idle for 20mins and just start putting out heat (w/out hi idle). High idle and EBPV this is cut down by probably half. 0*f and lower, its not warming up unless you drive it.

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
We're saying the same thing... that it takes 20mins+ of idling to get ANY heat from these trucks. I said "diesels dont get warm sitting and idling", which of course was taken out of proportion by you. YES, after 20-30mins of idling they will be "warm" and begin putting out heat. On the other hand, my inline jeep can have full-blast, melt your face heat after idling for 5-7mins, and my TDI can idle for days without actually driving it and not put out any heat.

If this guys sitting and idling thinking his truck is supposed to be blowing hot air, its not gonna happen. ESPECIALLY w/ no hi-idle and ebpv working to his advantage. We're saying the same things, only you are getting upset at me for doing so.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
we are not even discussing it blowing hot ***in air, we are talking about the ebpv activating and deactivating... but if you want to discuss blowing hot air..... 10 min wherever i am at and both my trucks will be blowing hot air... my trucks and every other 7.3 with the ebpv still functioning proper will warm up faster than any gasser i have owned or even been around...

now im done...

op sorry to muck up your thread.

live life full throttle

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Please review the following timeline of events:

I got it up to 172 seemed to run good after that. Seems like it takes forever to get warm. Let it idle a good 10+ minutes and it took 4 miles to get above 160

Diesels dont get warm idling... ESPECIALLY without a hi-idle. the only way your gonna get heat outta it is driving. Sounds to me like a sticky ebpv is the only issue you have going on.

the *** it doesnt! why the *** do you keep saying this stupid sh!t? i can start my truck in -30° in Minnesota WITHOUT being plugged in and in 20-30 min of warm up time my eot WILL be above 150°..... and thats just sitting there idling with the ebpv activated on its own.. high idle might, MIGHT come on for ten minutes during that entire time... my red truck doesnt have the stock high idle or ebpv settings anymore and in 0° weather and 20 min of warm up the eot is around 140-150°.... i read it threw my otc genisys scanner and have done it on others in my family... stop giving the wrong info out....

op, any way you can read/monitor eot temps at startup. like i said before you may have a bad sensor causing it to stay on since you just post that after driving for a while the power was back?

live life full throttle

As you can see, the OP stated that he idles for 10+ mins and then drives it for 4miles and says the temp of the coolant is still only 160*.

my reply was, diesels dont get warm idling (of course, there aren't many absolute zero's in this world... so you took this out of context), and that he needed to drive the truck in order for it to start producing heat.

thats when you flipped out saying I was wrong, and basically said the same exact thing that I said.

The OP's truck is operating 100% normally, minus his ebpv which is clearly sticking. Theres an EBPV tube that gets filled w/ soot that causes this, or sometimes the ebpv just gets sticky. So we need to focus on helping the guy fix his EBPV from sticking.

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
we are not even discussing it blowing hot ***in air, we are talking about the ebpv activating and deactivating... but if you want to discuss blowing hot air..... 10 min wherever i am at and both my trucks will be blowing hot air... my trucks and every other 7.3 with the ebpv still functioning proper will warm up faster than any gasser i have owned or even been around...

now im done...

op sorry to muck up your thread.

live life full throttle

:popcorn:

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
Please review the following timeline of events:

That was oil temp, not coolant

As you can see, the OP stated that he idles for 10+ mins and then drives it for 4miles and says the temp of the coolant is still only 160*.

my reply was, diesels dont get warm idling (of course, there aren't many absolute zero's in this world... so you took this out of context), and that he needed to drive the truck in order for it to start producing heat.

thats when you flipped out saying I was wrong, and basically said the same exact thing that I said.

The OP's truck is operating 100% normally, minus his ebpv which is clearly sticking. Theres an EBPV tube that gets filled w/ soot that causes this, or sometimes the ebpv just gets sticky. So we need to focus on helping the guy fix his EBPV from sticking.

That was oil temp, not coolant

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
regardless, diesels dont produce nearly as much waste heat (energy..) as gassers do, so they are inherently slower at warming up than gassers. Driving is the only real way to get them heated up unless you have a super long time to let them idle (which is a terrible idea).

Your ebpv is sticking, causing this issues.

Freightshaker

Reaction score
regardless, diesels dont produce nearly as much waste heat (energy..) as gassers do, so they are inherently slower at warming up than gassers. Driving is the only real way to get them heated up unless you have a super long time to let them idle (which is a terrible idea).

Your ebpv is sticking, causing this issues.

Not trying to derail, but you said you had a heater problem didn't you. If your truck and the OPs truck take 20 min of idle I would think the engine would be at operating temp. Mine warms up the same speed as my wife's scion when it's in the low teens. If my truck idled for 20 min and was just barely blowing warm air (but running fine) I would buy a new thermostat. After all, it is mostly shut until operating temp of the stat is reached for it to open. You are really only circulating coolant through an engine and heater core when the engine is under operating temp determined by the stat. Then when the thermostat's temp rises to it's rating, it begins opening allowing flow to the radiator. Sorry for the derail

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Yes you are correct, but lincolnlocker claims it takes his truck 20mins+ to get up to temp while idling also..

Freightshaker

Reaction score
Yes you are correct, but lincolnlocker claims it takes his truck 20mins+ to get up to temp while idling also..

You said they do not warm at idling. They do.
He stated 20 min idle time at -30 and EOT was above 150
It's making heat.
If I started mine at 15 degrees and let it run for 20-30 min with the heater on high... When I would get in I would have to turn it down and my thermostat would probably releasing some coolant to radiator.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

the engine oil temps... not coolant. eot is part of the factor for the ebpv to actuate. here is a couple pics... NO high idle, NO ebpv acuation just sitting there idling. eot climbed a ton and the air out of the defrost vents where hot as ***... as in i opened the door, took my jacket off and turned the fan to low and turned down the temp control to the heat..
7enu4yry.jpg
esymutad.jpg

so in 21 minutes my eot climbed 111° with a normal idle with no valve actuation or high idle, and the heat from the defroster was HOT within 8-10 min... and thats just the oil temp which is WARM not hot! the air comming out the vent is HOT...

just because you have issues with your heater being ***ked up, and yes i have read your thread about it, doesnt mean it will be the same for everyone else. YOUR truck is ***ed up, try changing the thermostat, it could be that its stuck wide ***ing open and thats why your not getting any heat... or maybe your blower fan is week, or how bout a bad heater core, or how bout a simple ***ing coolant flush/change.... oh wait, this all has been suggested to you all ready and you obviously havnt done it.. so stop telling people the wrong ***ing info!
live life full throttle

XrayPipeliner

Reaction score
the engine oil temps... not coolant. eot is part of the factor for the ebpv to actuate. here is a couple pics... NO high idle, NO ebpv acuation just sitting there idling. eot climbed a ton and the air out of the defrost vents where hot as ***... as in i opened the door, took my jacket off and turned the fan to low and turned down the temp control to the heat..
7enu4yry.jpg
esymutad.jpg

so in 21 minutes my eot climbed 111° with a normal idle with no valve actuation or high idle, and the heat from the defroster was HOT within 8-10 min... and thats just the oil temp which is WARM not hot! the air comming out the vent is HOT...

just because you have issues with your heater being ***ked up, and yes i have read your thread about it, doesnt mean it will be the same for everyone else. YOUR truck is ***ed up, try changing the thermostat, it could be that its stuck wide ***ing open and thats why your not getting any heat... or maybe your blower fan is week, or how bout a bad heater core, or how bout a simple ***ing coolant flush/change.... oh wait, this all has been suggested to you all ready and you obviously havnt done it.. so stop telling people the wrong ***ing info!
live life full throttle

Whats that contraption you are holding? I just use my Edge insight. That think looks like it shows alot more info. I dont think my engine oil temp heats up near as fast as yours does. I will start it in the next few days and see what the temp change is in 20 minutes.

Latest posts

Members online