New 2015 Ford Superduty 6.7 Updates

dieselpower

Reaction score
I kinda doubt they'll make one huge jump...seems to me they would leave room for updates depending on what gm n ram does...IMO

dieselpower

Reaction score
On same train as you. im thinking 425-475

:whs: I'm guessing '15 to be around 425-430/860, and up from there depending on competition.

Of course, they could always surprise and and go for 450/900 or something :rockon:

Edit: jump from 6.0 to 6.4 was 25, and 6.4 to original 6.7 was 40. Keep on that trend and 425-450 would be about right.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
:whs: I'm guessing '15 to be around 425-430/860, and up from there depending on competition.

Of course, they could always surprise and and go for 450/900 or something :rockon:

Edit: jump from 6.0 to 6.4 was 25, and 6.4 to original 6.7 was 40. Keep on that trend and 425-450 would be about right.

.:whs:

If that trend is keep on going that would be great.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I will be interested to see what all gets changed with the fueling and internal parts. I hope I dont have to buy a new truck LOL

01PSD

Reaction score
I wish they'd incorporate higher injection pressures so we could get rid of at least some components of the emissions BS. But I'm sure that requires a lot more than what I'm picturing in my mind :doh: $$$$

Dzchey21

Reaction score
What changes are you wanting? Like a cab redesign?

yeah, and i think just because they havent said anything doesnt mean for sure they wont have a cab redesign, but maybe for 2016 or something they will

just waiting to see if any issues arise?
I just have a hard time buying the first year anything, i like to see if people say its worth the jump or not. I do like that the factory keeps improving and guessing by their turbo choice they are going to make it hard for ford and dodge to keep up

Ive read speculations of 425-450hp and 900ft/lbs

Considering the hard part upgrades, I expect a substantial bump.

my guess is 450, i think this will be a number that will give dodge and chevy a hard time to compete, dodge is still having a hard time considering the 2013s finally got urea but are only 375 hp, but they might have transmission issues first...

I wonder if Ford, having the most recent engine design that is compliant with current EPA targets has engineered enough room to grow hp and tq numbers forcing the other two to completely redesign their engines to compete at higher levels.

GM has already stated that there is very little wiggle room on the Duramx without a complete redesign.

I can pretty much bet money that this has allot to do with things right now. I do however think it would be pretty silly to think that both companies dont have something in the works. I think tho if dodge gets away from the cummins they will loose buisness as most people purchase a dodge for the cummins not the dodge part.

GM has so many issues anyway who knows whats going to happen

01PSD

Reaction score
Dodge, I mean RAM ehem.. LOL, is the least of my worries... mainly because their trucks have proven time and time again to be sub par.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
In the press release it says the new HPFP has a longer stroke. So does that mean its still the CP4 with a longer stroke or is it a whole new pump?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Ive read speculations of 425-450hp and 900ft/lbs

Considering the hard part upgrades, I expect a substantial bump.

Crazy to think that 10+ years ago 450hp was something note worthy to have and took some coin to get there. Now you can buy it off the lot with warranty at those levels lol.

I'm sold on a '15-16 6.7 truck. I cant say it enough how glad I am that I waited to buy. If it comes anywhere near 450 from the factory, I would do reliabilty mods and leave it be. That's plenty of juice to get things done

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
If you guys ever noticed in the video its a f-350 with a f-450 axle and flares. Did they bring back the 67W Fatboy? Do you guys think it's for testing purposes or is gonna go into production?

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
It had 4.30 gears in it as well...

I have 4.30's in my 2008 6.4 CCSB DRW f-350 tow boss package. I like them for towing below 50 MPH but when i'm empty at 65 - 70 the engine just wines out and runs at 2300-2500 IIRC. But oh man when i'm towing up hills works like a charm.

Latest posts

Members online