New 2015 Ford Superduty 6.7 Updates

mfoltz

Reaction score
I don't think it's cool I just like it when I had a 6.7 cummins I loved it. I don't think the 15 ford is that good I couldn't feel it

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I liked the one I had on my 7.3. I was surprised at the difference it made. I would gladly have a good working exhaust brake again. They are not over rated if they work good. To me the button is not for the cool factor. If they are going to have the button there. AND advertise it as a "working" exhaust brake. Then it had better do its job and make a difference!! just my .02$

mfoltz

Reaction score
I liked the one I had on my 7.3. I was surprised at the difference it made. I would gladly have a good working exhaust brake again. They are not over rated if they work good. To me the button is not for the cool factor. If they are going to have the button there. AND advertise it as a "working" exhaust brake. Then it had better do its job and make a difference!! just my .02$

Exactly how I feel to

RedRice589

Reaction score
Oh screw that lol I'm not buying a crappier truck than the crappy truck I already own.... Bahahaha j/k I like mine just fine. I'm done buying trucks until I get a bigger trailer... Still excited to see what it does tuned.

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
On 35's at highway speed and 3.55 gears it seems to struggle unlike the old turbo that would hold 10-12 psi. This one won't. It lugs all the time. Around town at lower speeds it seems better.

Yeah I got the 3.55 rear end and I'm running 295 60r 20s Toyo at 2s which I could be mistaken but I think is 34.5 in diameter wheel, I'll be headed up the interstate tomorrow we will see how it does depending on the wind:)
My dad's 2011 gets 14.5mpg all the time no matter what he is doing so it's lower so far than what he gets with the same set up

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
I know what you're saying, and I agree. Just annoys me when people call it a Jake Brake. Like this one guy talking up his "Jake Brake" in his 12v, saying how cool it sounded and how he'd drive around with it on just for the "big rig" noise. Popped the hood, it was a BD exhaust brake.

My bad for calling it a jake brake, exhaust brake or whatever it's called:)

Reaction score
Yeah it's corrected through IDS. Close as you can get anyway. It shows 12 on the dash.... Lol. I'm sure it will get better. It's still laggier by far. Only pull like 2 psi on flat ground at 55. And when you try to accelerate and build boost it always downshifts other wise it won't pull out of a lug. Lock it in 6th and it takes forever to build enough boost to do anything. I'm sure tunes will make a large difference with the responsiveness. They emissions tuning is really holding it back I feel.

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
Little 2015 update/ concern

Running some errands today with about 420 miles on the new truck my exhaust clean out came on, on my way home, drove 6 miles or so got home and shut it off, that is the first time that I've seen it go into a clean out within the 420 miles( I thought that was good for lots of stop and go driving?)..later I had to fill up and head north up the interstate there was a little wind out of the east/ south east I set the cruise at 72 mph.... Reach my destination about 60 miles later with a 15.1 avg mpg( I was pretty content with that givin the 10-15 mph cross wind)

But driving home I got back on the interstate made it 10 miles or so down the interstate and the truck goes into exhaust clean out again ( only maybe 80 miles later from the last time) took my fuel avg Econ down to 13.2 by the time it was done( I think that kinda sucks) I watched the instant fuel Econ bar drop from my avg of 15mpg and go down to 10-11 mph it stayed there for over 28 miles( so I would say my truck cleaned out for 28 miles) because after that 28 mile or so stretch the instant fuel Econ bat jumped back up to 14.5 mpg

I have to say I do not buy a f350 diesel for fuel economy but my old 6.0 would get 16-20 mpg running up and down the interstate...
I hope the truck gets betterfuel Econ the more it breaks in and would fuel from a different station make that big of difference on how fast my exhaust filter plugs up?

Elliott6.7

Reaction score
It probably didn't finish the re-gen the first go-around and commanded another re-gen when the conditions allowed.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
It probably didn't finish the re-gen the first go-around and commanded another re-gen when the conditions allowed.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

This. The exhaust has to go threw a full cycle before you shut it off. It is best to keep driving around until the exhaust cleaning is fully complete. I could go on a 200 mile trip and it would never fail it would try to start cleaning the exhaust when I turned on my street to go home. So then I had to go drive around for another 15 min or so at 55+ mph

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mcgrath7

Reaction score
This. The exhaust has to go threw a full cycle before you shut it off. It is best to keep driving around until the exhaust cleaning is fully complete. I could go on a 200 mile trip and it would never fail it would try to start cleaning the exhaust when I turned on my street to go home. So then I had to go drive around for another 15 min or so at 55+ mph

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've heard that you should keep driving until it's done going through regen, but going off my instant fuel Econ bar it took over 25-30 miles at 73 mph before I'd say it was done, hard to do go drive another 20-30 miles when you are about home or got somewhere to be

In case I'm confusing the instant fuel bar was around 15 mpg then the message came up saying cleaning exhaust filter, right after the message went away instant fuel Econ bar went down to 10-11 mpg and around 28 miles later it came back up to 14.5+ So I figured it was done when the fuel Econ went back up

I wish there was a message saying "filter cleaned, love the EPA" :)

Latest posts

Members online