NHRDA Ennis,Tx

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
any word on if Dennis broke?

Not sure yet. Truck was on a pass for sure, 1/8 mile MPH was slightly faster than my 11.37 pass, even though the 60' was .2 slow (spun the tires hard!). Heard a noise and felt something strange somewhere past the 1/8 mile mark and lifted. Went through the traps on the brakes (can see in my video) and still ran an 11.98. Got out and looked, no blood spilling from the truck and the motor stayed running (but had a miss)...so I limped it back to the pits.

Wasn't going to risk hurting anything worse, especially since we don't know what I felt/heard, so we pulled out of the race. Truck still has a slight miss when I fired it up a few hours later to load it on the trailer. We will dig into it next week. Could be something stupid, but need to check it all out.

What really sucks is that I was so focused on trying to beat David that I apparently didn't start the PCS datalogger or the in-cab camera...both things that could tell me what might have happened. Going into the repair blind at this point. I did get a few great videos that I will upload as soon as I chop all the BS out of them.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Oh yea...Ennis has a good scale so I finally weighed the truck. Did it 2x, first was 6050# and the second was 6045#. Both with me in the truck, only difference is the second time was after another pass...so I must have used 5# of fuel and water. I think it's fair to call it 6000# though.

David weighed SW and I think he said 5850# (ish). I'm sure he will correct me.

JDub

Reaction score
Hopefully its something simple Dennis. And I'm surprised the truck weighs that much, that cage and atmosphere turbo aren't light though...

Sent from my XT907

JSchuricht

Reaction score
I have to say I am disappointed in you Dennis. I thought the goal was to improve your time by running faster not slower. I walked by your rig after you had loaded it back on the trailer, do you run with the padlock on the hood or are you just afraid of people seeing your setup?

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Not sure yet. Truck was on a pass for sure, 1/8 mile MPH was slightly faster than my 11.37 pass, even though the 60' was .2 slow (spun the tires hard!). Heard a noise and felt something strange somewhere past the 1/8 mile mark and lifted. Went through the traps on the brakes (can see in my video) and still ran an 11.98. Got out and looked, no blood spilling from the truck and the motor stayed running (but had a miss)...so I limped it back to the pits.

Wasn't going to risk hurting anything worse, especially since we don't know what I felt/heard, so we pulled out of the race. Truck still has a slight miss when I fired it up a few hours later to load it on the trailer. We will dig into it next week. Could be something stupid, but need to check it all out.

What really sucks is that I was so focused on trying to beat David that I apparently didn't start the PCS datalogger or the in-cab camera...both things that could tell me what might have happened. Going into the repair blind at this point. I did get a few great videos that I will upload as soon as I chop all the BS out of them.

key words:swordfight::toast:

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
Hopefully its something simple Dennis. And I'm surprised the truck weighs that much, that cage and atmosphere turbo aren't light though...
Im not...it was 5500# before the cage and motor swap. I had guessed 6000#.

I have to say I am disappointed in you Dennis. I thought the goal was to improve your time by running faster not slower. I walked by your rig after you had loaded it back on the trailer, do you run with the padlock on the hood or are you just afraid of people seeing your setup?
Thats always the goal. Plain and simple...i screwed up the second pass...left at 12psi compared to 32psi the prior pass. As for the last pass...based on how aggressive i was in staging and how hard it hit the tires...i would bet more than 32psi on that launch. I was on kill...and something didnt like it.

Im not afraid of anyone seeing anything. I dont play the secret squirrel game...if you come by and im there, i will show you whatever you want. Once i load up...EVERYTHING gets locked up. I lock the trailer to the truck...lock the tie down straps shut...lock the ramps into the trailer and lock up the truck. That just comes from living in a city where I've had several trucks broken into...my trust in strangers is broken when it comes to leaving my vehicles unattended. When racing i just run regular pins in the hood...they were originally put there to keep the hood corners from lifting at speed. A friend i race with in phoenix has the same hood and it was cracked badly from lifting, and mine was showing signs of cracking in the same places.

key words:swordfight::toast:
Wait til i post the video...i was pulling away before you broke. Not only was i trying...i was doing!

Misunderstood by my stupid smart phone!

Last edited:

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
Well he almost kept it out of the grass LOL
ute9e4e3.jpg

Codydiesel

Reaction score
My memory was messing with me again i can see. Thanks! Do you know what your pickups weight is? Pretty neat you won in a bone stock pickup!

Thanks man , it's was all about reaction time and the launch for me since the stock tuning does not like a high boost launch and caused a delay in torque, ill put it on the scales today and let you know it most likely is at 8k since my tool box is filled and I still had my fifth wheel hitch in when I raced :fustrate:

TERRCO

Reaction score

I walked by and around it. Hood wide open, doors open, looked like he was answering someone's questions. He sure wasn't trying to hide anything.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

What were you racing? If it doesn't run faster than 11.37 on fuel, you shouldn't be worried about what other people are doing.

Last edited:

JSchuricht

Reaction score
What were you racing? If it doesn't run faster than 11.37 on fuel, you shouldn't be worried about what other people are doing.

I give everyone crap, especially when something goes wrong. It's all in good fun, Dennis managed to make it to the end of the track rather than stopping 1/2 way like some of his competition. Perhaps I will go that fast someday, there is a reg cab for sale near me that's been calling to me and it would likely get many parts from Dennis like all my other trucks regardless of how slow he goes on the track. :thumbsup:

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
I give everyone crap, especially when something goes wrong. It's all in good fun, Dennis managed to make it to the end of the track rather than stopping 1/2 way like some of his competition. Perhaps I will go that fast someday, there is a reg cab for sale near me that's been calling to me and it would likely get many parts from Dennis like all my other trucks regardless of how slow he goes on the track. :thumbsup:

Just what we need another keyboard racer:bowfast::bowfast::bowfast: welcome lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.