O2ShootTheJ's Build Thread

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
haha nah I need money to pay for school. Plus the more you mod it the more it breaks.

What batteries are you all running? What CCA do I need? Probably just go with the Autocraft ones if they're decent

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
you aren't old enough to rent a car, better bring the Huffy!

Batteries were at 11.5 again this afternoon so I guess i'm going to advanced tonight to get the batteries and alternator tested.

Also i got on the highway while the truck was still coming up to temp and saw a solid 14-15 delta for 2-3 minutes, but it was the coolant that was hotter than the oil so not sure if that's normal or not. Haven't had time to put the tstat in yet probably won't go in till Friday

No worries. Oil comes up to temp slower than the coolant will. With the oil I run sometimes its A LOT slower...

HOOV3R

Reaction score
you aren't old enough to rent a car, better bring the Huffy!

Batteries were at 11.5 again this afternoon so I guess i'm going to advanced tonight to get the batteries and alternator tested.

Also i got on the highway while the truck was still coming up to temp and saw a solid 14-15 delta for 2-3 minutes, but it was the coolant that was hotter than the oil so not sure if that's normal or not. Haven't had time to put the tstat in yet probably won't go in till Friday

My bad, only read half of that.

HOOV3R

Reaction score
Y'all have fun with all that

I had my fill

bemp80.jpg

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
One battery wasn't putting out anything. Tested the alternator and it was putting anything out so I'm changing the alternator tonight in the dark I guess and I'll see if that corrects the problem.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Decided to wait and tackle it tomorrow in the daylight. Coolant was also pretty low took like 1/4-1/3 of a gallon to get it back to where it should be. Hopefully that doesn't throw off the dilution too much

Reaction score
If you do end up doing batteries I completely recommend a set of Deka batteries mine went a year and one hell of a winter outside without starting or even being touched and when i put my new motor in they turned it over like they were brand new never saw a battery charger of any sort

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
There are duralasts in there now. The one battery read 1336 CCA and was rated for 850. lol The other one didn't read at all. Hopefully I don't have to replace batteries, or if I do it's just one

JMart

Reaction score
There are duralasts in there now. The one battery read 1336 CCA and was rated for 850. lol The other one didn't read at all. Hopefully I don't have to replace batteries, or if I do it's just one

I always heard to replace them in pairs, and to replace the battery if you have to replace the alternator.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.