O2ShootTheJ's Build Thread

loboost

Reaction score
I'm gonna try and throw a tstat in it sometime this week but more than likely I guess I'll be talking to Adam about getting another oil cooler.

Make sure I'm understanding you right....you saw eot around 217*...with deltas around 12-14*...thus 203-205* ect?

If that's the case I don't think you need a thermostat...

Pizza pig

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
damn I saw this Saturday, way to come introduce yourself.. :poke:

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
that and my lack of a big stupid ac condenser blocking the radiator and intercooler... LOL LOL

No AC? bet the GF loves that! haha

Make sure I'm understanding you right....you saw eot around 217*...with deltas around 12-14*...thus 203-205* ect?

If that's the case I don't think you need a thermostat...

yea but other times, like last night driving back to richmond, ECT will be like 180-184 whle EOT is 190+. Thermostat is only like $20 I figure it's worth a shot if nothing else

damn I saw this Saturday, way to come introduce yourself.. :poke:

haha the combination of being shy and not knowing what anyone else looked like killed any chance of that LOL. Next time I'll have to get numbers so I can actually meet some people. I parked near your truck in the back row, then saw it up near the dyno but there were a bunch of people standing around it.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
I will have to next time! By the time I saw the invite from Jeremy on here I was already back home

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Noticed my battery was sitting at 11.5 until I started driving today. Guess I'm gonna have to replace them if they keep that up right?

sootie

Reaction score
yup. its better on the ficm and injectors anyway. i would get them load tested first though..

what is it charging at when you are driving? alternators are something we keep on the shelf because our 6oh's seem to eat them...

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
once I started driving it was 13.83-14.12

guessing vatozone will load test them for me?

Ad8 PRODIGY

Reaction score
Bummed I missed this thing this weekend! Where did you park behind me? I went back a few times and didn't pick up on it I guess. Were you on Claytons driver or passenger side(big lifted blacked out ECLB 7.3 SD)?

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Its one thing after another isn't it? Lol

6.0s....

Lol

No clue how to multiqupte on taps talk but Zac I was in the back row towards the end. Parked next to a truck I didn't recognize on the drivers side. Jeremy and Greg were parked a few spots down. You were in the row in front of me I think.

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Niqqa I'm broke!! And where's the fun in driving around a diesel event in a rental yaris lol

Sent from the Bayou

you aren't old enough to rent a car, better bring the Huffy!

Batteries were at 11.5 again this afternoon so I guess i'm going to advanced tonight to get the batteries and alternator tested.

Also i got on the highway while the truck was still coming up to temp and saw a solid 14-15 delta for 2-3 minutes, but it was the coolant that was hotter than the oil so not sure if that's normal or not. Haven't had time to put the tstat in yet probably won't go in till Friday

HOOV3R

Reaction score

Batteries were at 11.5 again this afternoon so I guess i'm going to advanced tonight to get the batteries and alternator tested.

Also i got on the highway while the truck was still coming up to temp and saw a solid 14-15 delta for 2-3 minutes, but it was the coolant that was hotter than the oil so not sure if that's normal or not. Haven't had time to put the tstat in yet probably won't go in till Friday

Could be a lack of flow issue, possible bad waterpump.

sootie

Reaction score

always when an engine is warning up, the coolant gets hotter quite a bit faster than the oil.

Latest posts

Members online