Options for Compounds with a 38R

DocBar

Reaction score
I had two great conversations today. I have a much better idea of where this setup is going. I'll still be using the GQSSB and I'm still mulling over 350cc or 400cc injectors. I have decided that the nozzles will be 200%, regardless.

I can't wait to see the numbers this setup is going to put down.

Charles

Reaction score
With a 200% nozzle, neither of those injector flow rates will matter one bit. So just choose whichever is cheapest to produce. The injector isn't going to move anything outside the 200's for practical use anyway.

DocBar

Reaction score
With a 200% nozzle, neither of those injector flow rates will matter one bit. So just choose whichever is cheapest to produce. The injector isn't going to move anything outside the 200's for practical use anyway.
If that's the case, I'll just go with the 400/200's. Maybe a better nozzle design for the 400% will come out.

DocBar

Reaction score
I wanna know what pius Came up with for the low pressure!

He says he has a new design that should be ready by early August that is quicker spooling, etc. I didn't ask any specs and he didn't offer any. What he did offer was a whole helluva lot of insight with the questions I have.

I'm going to use whatever he sends. I'll also be sending in the GQSSB for a thorough going over.

JDub

Reaction score
He says he has a new design that should be ready by early August that is quicker spooling, etc. I didn't ask any specs and he didn't offer any. What he did offer was a whole helluva lot of insight with the questions I have.

I'm going to use whatever he sends. I'll also be sending in the GQSSB for a thorough going over.

It'll be an updated version of what Blowby runs on his race truck. That compound setup is wicked, even on the street in his 500hp emissions tune. Put that same setup on customers truck in Cali that uses his truck solely for towing and that thing ripped with 250cc b-codes

Ill call him i want details..

He won't give you any

Charles

Reaction score
It'll be an updated version of what Blowby runs on his race truck. That compound setup is wicked, even on the street in his 500hp emissions tune. Put that same setup on customers truck in Cali that uses his truck solely for towing and that thing ripped with 250cc b-codes

He won't give you any

Are the compressors 88 and 66?

lol.

DocBar

Reaction score

He won't give you any
I think the truck will run very strong with this setup and be reliable to boot. I won't make the power Blowby is, but I'm OK with that. Pius said the setup was originally designed for DD/tow but performed really well on the strip as well.

MD, you should just give Pius a call and talk to him about turbos in general.
He has a way of explaining things that even I could understand. It was just a real pleasure talking to him.

Jake

Reaction score
I have been wanting to do the compounds for years now, just couldn't justify the money for it. I just want fast spooling clean power for dragging the horse around. And I'm not going to spend 60k on a new rig. Originally I was thinking the 38/47 then the s366/s488. I want to see how yours comes out. I can't wait!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online