Picked up my new to me 6.7 yesterday

powerstrokedub

Reaction score
My personal opinion is chrome on a red truck gives it the "fire truck" look, I'm not for that. So for me it would have to be black wheels, but I'm partial to black and not so much for chrome.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Great looking truck! Def need to go with chrome wheels!!

I feel the complete opposite..black is the only way to go on red :toast:

Black wheels man.

That's cool, I personally prefer chrome on red, but that's what makes the world go round.

My personal opinion is chrome on a red truck gives it the "fire truck" look, I'm not for that. So for me it would have to be black wheels, but I'm partial to black and not so much for chrome.

All these are the same thoughts going through my head. Well the fire truck one wasn't, but now it is. :flush:

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
if you can find pics of Jared's red regular cab, it's my favorite red/chrome truck... but I still prefer black. just tones the red down some, doesn't make it pop so much.

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Hope Jared doesn't mind me posting it
photo2_zps6a2d1289.jpg

TripleE44

Reaction score
come on eric, it needs some pollished 20 X 10 American Forces on it

I'd go with polished over chrome, as long as their not "hand-me-downs". :poke:

I'm not sure I can handle polished wheels, the price is also a huge deterrent for my cheap ass. Having to polish wheels once or twice a week when I wash the truck just would add a lot of hassle. I really liked how easy the black bmfs were on my 08, even though I didn't have them very long.

At this point, I'm leaning more towards black wheels again. I'm just unsure how good it will look if I leave the bumpers chrome(which I want to do).

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
If you're gonna leave the bumpers chrome don't do black.. I think it'll look unfinished. unless your gonna PTM the whole truck, stay chrome. there is so much chrome on these 6.7s

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I'm not sure I can handle polished wheels, the price is also a huge deterrent for my cheap ass. Having to polish wheels once or twice a week when I wash the truck just would add a lot of hassle. I really liked how easy the black bmfs were on my 08, even though I didn't have them very long.

At this point, I'm leaning more towards black wheels again. I'm just unsure how good it will look if I leave the bumpers chrome(which I want to do).

You dont have to polish wheels once or twice a week. I would normally do mine on my old truck when I changed oil and rotated tires every 5K miles. Makes the tires last a lot longer too and if you do it that often it doesnt take hardly any time at all. I like polished better than chrome too since chrome tends to pit

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
You dont have to polish wheels once or twice a week. I would normally do mine on my old truck when I changed oil and rotated tires every 5K miles. Makes the tires last a lot longer too and if you do it that often it doesnt take hardly any time at all. I like polished better than chrome too since chrome tends to pit

you dont understand matt he completely details his vehichels 2 or sometimes 3 times a week. he has crazy OCD when it comes to keeping his truck clean.

hes crazy lol, he needs to see a therapist about his OCD hahaha

TripleE44

Reaction score

You don't know how OCD I am with keeping my truck clean and shiny. I've had polished wheels before and I was polishing them once every other week at a minimum. Sure would be nice to be able to just wipe them off with windex and be done.

EDIT: Tree'd by Squatch. He knows.