Picked up my new to me 6.7 yesterday

SAK

Reaction score
If you get polished wheels just get them clear coated, no polishing needed and they will wipe clean with windex.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
If you get polished wheels just get them clear coated, no polishing needed and they will wipe clean with windex.

Doesn't clear coat make them have less of a shine though? I had clear coated polished wheels on my trans am from factory and if you really wanted them to look good you had to peel off the clear coat and polish them

It's all about wheel speed and torque.
KCCO

SAK

Reaction score
Doesn't clear coat make them have less of a shine though? I had clear coated polished wheels on my trans am from factory and if you really wanted them to look good you had to peel off the clear coat and polish them

It's all about wheel speed and torque.
KCCO

Does a paint job have less of a shine after it is clear coated? Its all in how well it is prepped underneath.

I'm assuming that after you got the clear off those rims you had to polish them to get then to shine more, you would have to do the same with these before you clear coat them

Sent from my jacked up tapatalk 2

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I would think they would have to be roughed up a little to get the clear to stick to them. I dont really know I was just wondering I have never done this or really seen it done. Looks like Ill have to do a little research on google

TripleE44

Reaction score
Well, Squatch and I installed my exhaust and a mini maxx last night. Went pretty smooth and I'm enjoying having a little extra power(and it's also made the lie-o-meter run up to 22.6). The power comes on nice and smoooth, feels a little more refined but also slower than my 6.4 so far from what I can tell.

The truck is definitely starting to grow on me. :toast:

sootie

Reaction score
Well, Squatch and I installed my exhaust and a mini maxx last night. Went pretty smooth and I'm enjoying having a little extra power(and it's also made the lie-o-meter run up to 22.6). The power comes on nice and smoooth, feels a little more refined but also slower than my 6.4 so far from what I can tell.

The truck is definitely starting to grow on me. :toast:

time to update sig LOL

TripleE44

Reaction score
Well, we did fuel filters and charged the ac tonight.... On my old truck... Definitely hard to see it, but I can confidently say its in good hands. Just as clean as I kept it.

88-E2CCEE8A6137-16561-00000989EC5B947C_zps275fc7c8.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.