post your hp and dyno info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

da94broncodude

Reaction score
shawn keep us posted on that setup, sounds like what i may want to do. i was thinking 62/s475 combo and 190s...any opinons on that?

the other thing that bugs me on the powermax/injector combo is not only the fact of the numbers being all over the place is people claiming whats towable and whats not, injectors arent cheap to be throwin in and out or for most people to just try what works for them.

i have a friend that dynod 451 on industrial injections unloaded dyno, however that truck at RMR in utah ran 14.3 at 91 IIRC? which would put him closer to 400hp correct? he had a little room for improvement but...?

MorganY

Reaction score
We've had two trucks on our dyno with a powermax and 190's. One made 505hp/850tq and the other made 482hp/905tq. Younger1993 is the one who made 482/905, I'm sure he will chime in here and tell more about his set up.

This is on a loaded SuperFlow btw.

yup, made 482/905 on fuel, 530/980 on a 50/50 mix of water meth. [email protected] at the track (on water meth, EGT's pegged 1700 on fuel on the street, didn't want to risk it on a 190k truck), all mods in my sig. sent you the video on your fb shawn, thanks for starting this thread!

as for towing, haven't tried the town tune yet from eric, but damn this pmax setup gets HOT! on extreme street, like 1700+ (not in lockup) hot for me..thats with an intercooler, pipes, elbow, etc. I'm sure my powermax hates me LOL

heres the run at the track..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn3dMryApUw

Last edited:

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
NICE RUNNING TRUCK, truck looks good with the mods you have done. this is where everyone needs to take notice now, on psn everyone is saying this setup makes 550hp, it does not or at least a few trucks we've setup don't. although the truck runs great its not what guys are saying your going to make.

thank you very much for posting your honest numbers, if everyone does this than other guys can get the right info from these forums, thats the nice part about PSA, theres enough guys over here that knows what works and what doesn't that they will call bull crap.

Now put a small stage of nos on that ol girl and let her buck

MorganY

Reaction score
NICE RUNNING TRUCK, truck looks good with the mods you have done. this is where everyone needs to take notice now, on psn everyone is saying this setup makes 550hp, it does not or at least a few trucks we've setup don't. although the truck runs great its not what guys are saying your going to make.

thank you very much for posting your honest numbers, if everyone does this than other guys can get the right info from these forums, thats the nice part about PSA, theres enough guys over here that knows what works and what doesn't that they will call bull crap.

Now put a small stage of nos on that ol girl and let her buck

thanks shawn! I will in the near future, but I would like to add strokin6l's setup with a 64/71/.70 or .76 not sure yet which one I'm going to choose. when I spray I will be gating the setup.

I was not as pleased with the pmax setup as I originally thought. I was hoping to break the 500hp mark on fuel :fustrate:

strokin6L

Reaction score
thanks shawn! I will in the near future, but I would like to add strokin6l's setup with a 64/71/.70 or .76 not sure yet which one I'm going to choose. when I spray I will be gating the setup.

I was not as pleased with the pmax setup as I originally thought. I was hoping to break the 500hp mark on fuel :fustrate:

great running truck and nice numbers either way. Not sure if you tow any with your truck, but the 71mm wheel with the 64mm turbo will hate you if you do. If you don't tow, then the 71mm wheel will be fine...mine has been great so far. If you do spray you'd want a gated housing like you said.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score

huh? You're at 530 according to your track times (I assumed 7700lbs) which is right where I'm at with pmax and 190s. as I'm told, track times don't lie...dyno's do

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
great running truck and nice numbers either way. Not sure if you tow any with your truck, but the 71mm wheel with the 64mm turbo will hate you if you do. If you don't tow, then the 71mm wheel will be fine...mine has been great so far. If you do spray you'd want a gated housing like you said.

We just got done building a truck with our stainless headers and a 64/71/.76 no gated cast turbo with 225cc injectors and he tows his 40ft camper egts never got above 1050 held 15psi at 65

strokin6L

Reaction score
We just got done building a truck with our stainless headers and a 64/71/.76 no gated cast turbo with 225cc injectors and he tows his 40ft camper egts never got above 1050 held 15psi at 65

Sounds like it runs pretty good then Craig.

MorganY

Reaction score

Thanks, I really appreciate it! I still have a lot to learn as a new wrench-ee! I don't tow much, but I like to think someday i'll pull something > 8000lbs LOL
06f250powerstroke has a different 64 setup, I think its a .70A/r? all my friends have a 6.4, one is running a 12.64 on stock fuel! (Super08Duty), the 190s are sweet, I would just like to be able to keep up...it seems like everything I do isn't enough lol go die common rails :biggun:

I want to weigh my truck, to get a confirmed number on this setup. It should help others be more informed. Cutting Edge Diesel helped me out a whole bunch when I was looking into it, thanks again! just wish I was on PSA earlier!

Last edited:

strokin6L

Reaction score
Thanks, I really appreciate it! I still have a lot to learn as a new wrench-ee! I don't tow much, but I like to think someday i'll pull something > 8000lbs LOL
06f250powerstroke has a different 64 setup, I think its a .70A/r? all my friends have a 6.4, one is running a 12.64 on stock fuel! (Super08Duty), the 190s are sweet, I would just like to be able to keep up...it seems like everything I do isn't enough lol go die common rails :biggun:

I want to weigh my truck, to get a confirmed number on this setup. It should help others be more informed. Cutting Edge Diesel helped me out a whole bunch when I was looking into it, thanks again! just wish I was on PSA earlier!

No problem bud! His 64mm turbo is a 64/71/76 with a BD diverter valve. I would think that your truck, being a crewcab short box should be around 7700-7800 lbs.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
craig, anymore info on that setup? numbers video? sounds like those headers are helping a ton.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score

i would like to see that on video, also slow down to 60mph and then roll into it and acelerate to 70mph, also in the video please show this guy pulling a good hill maintaining 65mph please, otherwise i call bull crap

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i would like to see that on video, also slow down to 60mph and then roll into it and acelerate to 70mph, also in the video please show this guy pulling a good hill maintaining 65mph please, otherwise i call bull crap

lol.. thats how we tested my 6.4 ..start at off throttle at 50 , up a steep grade with a good load, then run to 80 ... calculated the time and the temps. thats a damn honest way to test how something pulls a load.

Craig@MFI

Reaction score

I'll get a video for you Shawn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.