Progress thread

swinky

Reaction score
Curious, what do the caltracs do that the trac bars don't?

I'd probably do an aeromotive set up. Was it just the ADII that had issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They use the axle wrap to load the leafs. They help with traction. If I go with cal tracs I'll adjust them a little tighter on the right since the right tire seems to spin more than the left. Should work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Have you ever seen how cal tracs work on 4x4 trucks? They are great on 2wd applications for hard launches, thats about it man.

If I were you. OUO Short Gusset Weld ons 695 + Freight to your door... sweet and simple

swinky

Reaction score
Have you ever seen how cal tracs work on 4x4 trucks? They are great on 2wd applications for hard launches, thats about it man.

If I were you. OUO Short Gusset Weld ons 695 + Freight to your door... sweet and simple

Ahhhhh $$$$$$$ I'm a broke military member. You're the second knowledgeable person to say no to caltracs so I'll disregard those. You're going to be at Rudys right Jared?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Ahhhhh $$$$$$$ I'm a broke military member. You're the second knowledgeable person to say no to caltracs so I'll disregard those. You're going to be at Rudys right Jared?

You bet. Wanna talk suspension parts in person?

I will be there Thursday morning through Monday morning

Powerstroke214

Reaction score

Yea, I'd heard a little negative about the caltracs, and did a search and pulled up a thread where you were talking about how they work.

Noob here, I don't get how they load the springs, or how/why it's desirable, but I'd go w/ OUOs or traction bars in general. I watched a vid of the caltracs on an old F100 and I was VERY unimpressed. Under hard throttle, the axle rotated quite a bit vs the OUO vids(I think they were OUO's) where the only movement was from suspension travel(i.e. vertically/the natural arc of the axle).

swinky

Reaction score
I would be glad to bring them to rudys for you buddy

I'll hit you up when I make my mind up. I'll most likely end up doing that. I appreciate the help man.

I could buy them now but I think with 190/75s a fuel system needs to come first. I won't be racing at Rudys so the traction bars can be installed after.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

swinky

Reaction score
I need help on getting U-bolts. Stock height in the front and about -2 in the rear. I can't find any shops around me that do them.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
I honestly didn't even price check U-bolts, the price was decent IMO, and my blocks were cheap.

Which reminds me, I have some for a 4" block and stockers if you want em. Why do you need new Ubolts? Too long w/o the block?

swinky

Reaction score
I think this thing needs a stack. I'm usually not a fan but it should be a high 12 sec truck with that good street look.
buze7ehu.jpg
A stack should look great back there.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Don't wreck it with a stack.....

Go duals, one out each side.

Stack will just get everything covered in soot.

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Josh and Th's trucks looked good w/ stacks and a roll pan, with 12 wides iirc. I think yours would too. And delete the door badges and body side moulding. Would be tittays

swinky

Reaction score
No roll pan. I'm trying to leave the body stock. Stock is the new custom lol

Latest posts

Members online