Matt_P

Reaction score
Congrats Matt, glad its finally on the road, it sure is a sharp truck

Thanks!

Bout damn time. Congrats bud

haha yes it is, and thanks!

Took ya long enough :poke: LOL

took wayyy too long

Congrats Matt, its a good feeling when you finally get to enjoy what you've been working so hard on.

Thank You! Im having a great time driving it now, it is nice to finally get to enjoy it

About time! :lookaround: Glad you finally got to put some miles on your new setup, and hope its everything you were expecting from it!

Thanks! Its not there power wise where I expected it yet, but thats expected, needs some good pump tuning, but the engine runs good, trans shifts good so Im happy, I had one somewhat big oil leak spring up today but its fixed now.

Awesome! Glad its finally back on the road! Yeah it took you a while but you can say you did it right not half assed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Konnor! and yeah im glad its done right

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Glad to hear you made it up to Lima OK bud. I must say that the shop looks different without a white King Ranch sitting in it.... LOL

Matt_P

Reaction score
Glad to hear you made it up to Lima OK bud. I must say that the shop looks different without a white King Ranch sitting in it.... LOL

Thanks Jason! And I cant thank you enough for letting me take up all that room in your shop the past 8 months and for all the help you gave me, its greatly appreciated!

I bet the shop has to look a little weird without my pile in there LOL

I have almost 100 miles on the truck so far, just had to put a new stainless braided 6an line on the oil feed for the turbo in class today but other than that all good!

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Thanks! Its no where near even 500 horse yet but Im hoping it will be there once I start messing with it but Im gonna get my break in miles out of the way first

Either way I bet it's awesome to be driving it!

Congrats man! Might not be long before I do a CR in the wife's KR.

And I bet that space in the shop don't stay empty long!

Matt_P

Reaction score
Either way I bet it's awesome to be driving it!

Congrats man! Might not be long before I do a CR in the wife's KR.

Yeah Im having a blast driving it! Feels good to be back in my truck again, it will be even better once it gets dialed in!

And thanks! I still wish I had done a CR

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
If you spend the time to dial that pump in you'll probably be alright.

I want a CR so she can have a reliable smokeless 400hp to pull her horseys around with.

Matt_P

Reaction score
If you spend the time to dial that pump in you'll probably be alright.

I want a CR so she can have a reliable smokeless 400hp to pull her horseys around with.

Yeah Ive never really messed with tuning a p pump before so Ive been reading up on it and I have a good idea of where to start. Right now it fuels way too hard down low and not enough at all up top. Resulting in the truck getting hot quick and boost hitting a wall at 35psi. Plus I need to figure out how to back off the full throttle screw so I can get full travel on my throttle linkage. I got some work to do lol

Yeah that would be a nice truck to tow with, I need to cut down on my smoke big time right now

Matt_P

Reaction score
What did you do for a plate?

Right now its the stock plate in there in the stock position, I wanted to start with that for a good base.

Im gonna plate to cut the plate into a #10 and slide forward a little and see how that is. I think Im gonna back the starwheel off a little as well so it will start fueling harder closer to 10psi

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Right now its the stock plate in there in the stock position, I wanted to start with that for a good base.

Im gonna plate to cut the plate into a #10 and slide forward a little and see how that is. I think Im gonna back the starwheel off a little as well so it will start fueling harder closer to 10psi

Probably not telling you anything, but the stock plate, and placement, is probably 100% responsible for cuttin off your top end fueling.

I think, lol.

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
If you are fueling too hard, too soon, down low I wouldn't back off the starwheel. That will only make it worse. Where is the pre-boost screw set? Is the AFC untouched?

Garrett

encrypted with an enigma machine

Matt_P

Reaction score
Probably not telling you anything, but the stock plate, and placement, is probably 100% responsible for cuttin off your top end fueling.

I think, lol.

Oh Im sure the stock fuel plate is hurting me big time lol

If you are fueling too hard, too soon, down low I wouldn't back off the starwheel. That will only make it worse. Where is the pre-boost screw set? Is the AFC untouched?

Garrett

Doesnt the starwheel control fueling down low before boost? From what I read if you are fueling real hard down low you want to turn the starwheel, turning away from the engine to back it off, or am I incorrect there? Like I said I dont know much about tuning these.

The pre boost screw and AFC are untouched, still in the stock original positions as far as I know.

Any input you have on tuning this is greatly appreciated!

SSpeeDEMONSS

Reaction score
Cut your plate, mod the afc for full travel, back off on the preboost screw, then tighten your starwheel a lot. Then you can slowly loosen it until you get it where you want it. And yes, turning the top of the screw away from the engine tightens it.

Garrett

Matt_P

Reaction score
Cut your plate, mod the afc for full travel, back off on the preboost screw, then tighten your starwheel a lot. Then you can slowly loosen it until you get it where you want it. And yes, turning the top of the screw away from the engine tightens it.

Garrett

Im planning to cut the plate to a 10 profile. How do you mod the AFC for full travel? I havent been able to find a write up on that. Also where is the pre boost screw located at? Like I said Im not the best with p pumpsLOL

Latest posts

Members online