Project: Reliability - Its 6.0 Delete Time

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Unfortunately not yet, Im stuck back in chicago still until the 16th. I do have a new vaccum/ps pump on the way along with a new set of hydroboost lines that should hopefully solve my issue so I can take the first test drive. Believe me Im itching to get back there and get it on the road!

Then I just need to hope all my research and wiring works out with the transmission so itll shift LOL

Lol, I know how nerve racking it can be puttin something on the road when you changed a bunch of stuff. And I just changed from ferd parts to ferd parts!

If Nancy's 6.0 decides to lose it's mind, it'll get a CR... But I might pay somebody to do that, since it's gonna be a royal PITA...

Matt_P

Reaction score
Lol, I know how nerve racking it can be puttin something on the road when you changed a bunch of stuff. And I just changed from ferd parts to ferd parts!

If Nancy's 6.0 decides to lose it's mind, it'll get a CR... But I might pay somebody to do that, since it's gonna be a royal PITA...

haha yeah its very nerve racking! Especially cause this is the most Ive ever changed up on a truck, but I know I got plenty nervous just changing from ford to ford parts as well in the past!

Hopefully hers wont decide to take a dump on you! But it would be nice with a commonrail in there as well, but yeah if you can pay someone else to do it I might suggest that, because it definitely can be a pain and of course very time consuming LOL

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I just figure with my luck, and my knowledge of electrical anything...

It'll need a pro to make it all work out.

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Unfortunately not yet, Im stuck back in chicago still until the 16th. I do have a new vaccum/ps pump on the way along with a new set of hydroboost lines that should hopefully solve my issue so I can take the first test drive. Believe me Im itching to get back there and get it on the road!

Then I just need to hope all my research and wiring works out with the transmission so itll shift LOL

Sooooooo is it the 16th yet???

dirtflinger92

Reaction score
haha Im on my way back to Ohio now finally and going straight to the shop so hopefully tonight![/QUOTE]

Well hows it coming? Lol

Matt_P

Reaction score
haha Im on my way back to Ohio now finally and going straight to the shop so hopefully tonight!

Well hows it coming? Lol[/QUOTE]

Well I got to the shop, put the new ps/vacuum pump and new hyrdroboost line on and fire it up and no leaks! So I put it in drive and reverse and filled the trans up the rest of the way. Then me and Bryan went out for a test drive. First round I blew the IC boot off the cold side and it was torn. Put a new boot on and went for the 2nd round. Unfortunately the trans is stuck in limp mode in 3rd gear. I have manual 2nd then 3rd but thats it, obviously I screwed something up in the wiring. The truck is a turd right now too. I build 35psi of boost in 3rd gear and it clears up but doesnt pull hard at all. Its smokey as hell too trying to build boost and gets hot quick. The oil pressure though sits at 40psi at idle and 75 at full throttle and coolant temp sits at 180 so all good there. Powersteering works great too.

Unfortunately I have some bugs to fix though but I was pumped to drive it down the road for the first time tonight! It also needs the idle bumped up some so I dont have to 2 foot it without stalling out. So I have some bugs to work out but it was a succesful today, I have some vids Ill upload tomorrow

Matt_P

Reaction score
Here are a couple of videos:

First test for movement and seeing if the powersteering works, Jason got the honors of being in the drivers seat for the first test:
th_IMG_0026.jpg

Coming back from the 2nd test drive, you can hear the engine kinda bog down when I turn since its in second and the idle needs to be raised:
th_IMG_0036.jpg

And this was not the best end to yesterday, I adjusted the gap on the engine speed sensor to see if that would make a difference and I was backing out of the shop and there was a pallet in the brush that nicely wedged under my rear bumper. I didnt notice it and when I went to pull forward it got caught and pulled my rear bumper out. I parked it after that, but jason did a good job pushing LOL

th_IMG_0038.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.