question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

Reaction score
When I started mine at -whatever it was the other day it made all kinds of cool noises. It's deleted. But I do know the non-deleted ones make a whining or hissing noise. Last one dad had ended up getting a new def pump shortly after trading it in. But he never deletes or hot rods anything. His new one whines a little too. I wouldn't worry till something happens. If you let all the noises get to you, you'll go insane.

RedRice589

Reaction score
When I started mine at -whatever it was the other day it made all kinds of cool noises. It's deleted. But I do know the non-deleted ones make a whining or hissing noise. Last one dad had ended up getting a new def pump shortly after trading it in. But he never deletes or hot rods anything. His new one whines a little too. I wouldn't worry till something happens. If you let all the noises get to you, you'll go insane.

Same way i feel about the tick the motor makes from oil lol

Reaction score

Agreed. Little noises like that drive me crazy, I can stand them and have to figure out where the hell they are coming from. I mean its still under warranty so I guess if something F's up its on Ford not my checkbook.

LovetheTide

Reaction score
Any ideas why the instrument screen is no longer showing what gear it is in? It randomly quit showing up a few days ago.

Also, i started it up today and had a slight haze coming out of the exhaust, anyone else have this? Motor is completely stock.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yes, just tap the button for the manual shifter i think you need to hit the negative button and it will come back

the haze can just be condensation, dpf/doc's hold a fair amount of moisture

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Anyone else's stock Lariat 20's pitting already? I washed my truck yesterday and they are pitting in some spots. Granted they do put a lot of salt on the roads here, but the truck is only 7 months old.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Anyone else's stock Lariat 20's pitting already? I washed my truck yesterday and they are pitting in some spots. Granted they do put a lot of salt on the roads here, but the truck is only 7 months old.

Holy crap. How many miles on the truck? Id take it back to the dealer. Warranty should still cover defects. Hell I had all 4 Michelins replaced do to weather checked sidewalls, the lid on the center council had a small tare in the back bottom corner on drivers side and they said no problem. It almost looks as if I cut it and I honestly have no clue how it happened. I cant see it being an issue if the truck is only 7 months old no matter what is used on the roads.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Tips from another thread about detailing I thought might go well in here.. thanks again coastalf350

As far as tricks and tips. Minimum amount of everything! Also, on your hard plastic in your truck dont use armor all, it will leave everything a greasy mess. I personally use meguairs natural shine, it gives it a factor finish that doesn't collect dust like AA.

Also, dont use the soap at the car wash, most of the time its not PH balanced and will effect your clear coat eventually.

When washing your truck keep a separate sponge for your rims and check your sponge every half panel for Dirt that may scratch your paint.

If you want a silk smooth paint the. Use a clay bar or nanoskin every 6 months. This will help with water spots and keep your paint looking new. Make sure you follow up with a good wax.

Never wash your micro fiber cloths with other clothes. Wash separately and use vinegar for the fabric softener, then hang dry.

live life full throttle

BK39

Reaction score
Boost question. Back ground, truck is 2013 platinum 6.7 H&S w/deletes, 3,000 miles. EGR block off plates w/ pyro sensor. Under light acceleration/normal take off, the boost runs up to about 5-7, then falls flat to 0 but truck still accelerates, and then comes back up to 7-10 while maintaining acceleration. Is this normal, seems odd to me?

Under heavy acceleration it does not do this, and everything seems normal.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.