question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ford is putting 4 brand new tires on my 6.7.... at 4500 miles i noticed all 4 are weather checked around the bead.

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
in another thread i seen a pic of the instrument cluster with the the numbers 1-6 on the right side, figured that it was just to let ya know what gear your in but turns out if you hit the plus button while in drive it activates it and then hit minus button it turns it to manual mode without shifting into M.. never knew it did that till this morning... thanks dodgedbag
live life full throttle

Spindrift

Reaction score
Interesting...I remember seeing the same 1-6 on my cluster. Now, for some reason, it's no longer there. Only thing I've done since then is mess around with the Manual mode in the lower gears. Any idea as to how I get it back?

6point0damn2004

Reaction score
I don't have a 6.7 but we have some at work. I'm in love with the 6.7. Have an F-350 stake bed. Hauled a Cat 246 skid steer with a power broom. and a pallet of oil dry and a smooth bucket for the skid steer in the stake bed along with some HND tools and other junk and averaged 9.3 mpg on 2 lane roads. And it hauls like a freight train. Gets me itching for one more and more every Time I drive it

12stroker

Reaction score
in another thread i seen a pic of the instrument cluster with the the numbers 1-6 on the right side, figured that it was just to let ya know what gear your in but turns out if you hit the plus button while in drive it activates it and then hit minus button it turns it to manual mode without shifting into M.. never knew it did that till this morning... thanks dodgedbag
live life full throttle

No problem man.... When I got my first 6.7 company truck I was like what am I doing different to make it appear and disapear lol

12stroker

Reaction score
I don't have a 6.7 but we have some at work. I'm in love with the 6.7. Have an F-350 stake bed. Hauled a Cat 246 skid steer with a power broom. and a pallet of oil dry and a smooth bucket for the skid steer in the stake bed along with some HND tools and other junk and averaged 9.3 mpg on 2 lane roads. And it hauls like a freight train. Gets me itching for one more and more every Time I drive it

Between driving my company trucks and my gfs king ranch that's what made me get mine. And then I traded my 11 dodge.

RedRice589

Reaction score
Wut you can do with the numbers is you can lock out 6th and it shifts through the others automatically you can tell it to stop in any gear and that's the top gear you can use. I can't use 6th towing my 5th wheel with my 3.31 gears because of the resistance until I get above 65-70 mph because it messes through the top 2 gears too much. Good feature to me

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
note to self, when changing fuel filters, do it when fuel tank is empty. or at least not full... put drain pan under the filter housing and opened the valve... figured id let it drain while i did some other stuff... 20min later it was still draining and my drain pan was half full... had to break the filter loose before it would stop siphoning... made a little mess that way... im guessing if i want it mess free i have to do it with a quarter tank of fuel so it doesn't drain as easy....

but dam was it easy to change them both out...

live life full throttle

sagebel

Reaction score
It is easy but damn I hate using a socket that big to turn a piece of plastic. I went and bought adapters so I could use a short 3/8" drive bar. There was no way I was going to use a 3/4" drive bar on it.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
taking off the pre filter housing wasnt to bad.. hell i put it back on and tightened it with my hands, no ratchet or socket.....

live life full throttle

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
I think 11+ has it and I'm not positive but it only works at 20mph or slower. I believe it's mainly for helping slow you coming down a hill with a heavy load.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
dont know if its the same thing but when i have tow haul on and i lightly ride the brake, it downshifts on its own way sooner, especially with the trailer on....

side note- i noticed when i hauled my fifth wheel home that the courtesy blinker for changing lanes blinks 6 times and not 3 like normal..

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online