question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

Spindrift

Reaction score
I really find Tow Haul to be a BIG PITA. With my trailer behind me, coming down a hill, the truck will downshift only after I've already picked up way too much speed. Then the engine sounds like it's about to come apart at a high rpm. It was the same for my 6.0L OTOH, maybe I've always been doing something wrong.

sagebel

Reaction score
I really find Tow Haul to be a BIG PITA. With my trailer behind me, coming down a hill, the truck will downshift only after I've already picked up way too much speed. Then the engine sounds like it's about to come apart at a high rpm. It was the same for my 6.0L OTOH, maybe I've always been doing something wrong.

I figure if the stock programming does it the truck can handle it. If it doesn't Ford can fix it. My only complaint is it won't up shift for a while after you get back on the accelerator. I usually just cycle the tow/haul button to get it to up shift.

Chris.v

Reaction score
My 12 has hill decent. I don't believe it's an fx4. Any way to tell if it is fx4? I diddnt have any stickers or nothing.

Chris

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Wasn't sure, glad you cleared it up. Sometimes I wish I had the FX4 so I had the hill descent, but I'm not complaining.

Hill decent control is only for slow speeds off road to keep the truck from sliding down a steep slope, like 10-15mph max. So if you are taking your 3/4 or 1 ton truck rock crawling it may come in handy, but I would imagine most people will never get these trucks on steep enough grades off road to need it. It was packaged in the with the FX4 package along with stickers crappy rancho shocks and fuel/transfer case skid plates

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
a4urahy4.jpg
pege9any.jpg

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Soooo...... since I am on the topic of urea.. I see the box says its 67% h2o and 33% urea.... how many of you run straight water in your trucks?

I talked with a local tire store owner that has two 6.7s.. claims he has 50k on one and 70k on the other running h2o only and not def.

live life full throttle...
load it like a box car, drive it like a stock car

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.