question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

Idiesel

Reaction score
I've done it before but can't get it to do it again. Here's the exact post I used whenever I did it.

"Today I Learned that if you hold down the reset button/down arrow on your left hand side steering column controls then turn the key on and start the engine while still holding the reset button, it will put the instrument cluster into a test mode and do a guage sweep and show you different Parameters. It will show you the battery Voltage, the coolant temp, and DTC's when you scroll through. How "effing" cool is that!!!:thumb:"

I tried a few times but whenever I did it and it worked it was completely stock and wonder if the H&S interferes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan2012F350

Reaction score
Heres my dumb question for the day....

Was going to drain my water separator today but got to thinking, if there is any water in there it's in the bottom by the yellow valve right.... and its like -15C so wouldn't it just be frozen in there? I'm new to diesels and this may sound crazy but I'm seriously wondering it they work in the winter hahahahaha.

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
Mine sat at 9000 ft above see level outside if Montrose Colorado 2 years ago in freezing or below temps for a solid week with out being started. When it was time to leave, I laid up under the truck, popped the yellow valve and water and diesel came out and didn't freeze. Only did it cause I was curious about all that myself. Truck started up just fine, wasn't plugged in either and I never even cycled the key. I turned it on just like if I was back home in 80 degree weather

Ryan2012F350

Reaction score
Heres my dumb question for the day....

Was going to drain my water separator today but got to thinking, if there is any water in there it's in the bottom by the yellow valve right.... and its like -15C so wouldn't it just be frozen in there? I'm new to diesels and this may sound crazy but I'm seriously wondering it they work in the winter hahahahaha.

Well I went and did it, -14 again this am, no water in there to see if it froze, drained into my bottle just like summer except I was laying I the snow.

All good.

Agjake11

Reaction score
Is there not a switched cigarette lighter port in the 11+??? Tried both on the dash plus in the console and back of it also and no luck with my gps sensing no power key off

Agjake11

Reaction score
That sucks. I wanted one I could leave my garmin plugged in and it would shut off after loosing power when the truck is turned off

donniesd

Reaction score
Yup I got that. still nothing. Post a video of it... im thinking bs on that one.

live life full throttle

lol...

It does work!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r5-ifQQ_94&feature=share&list=UUMmHd2u6jXpJDps9jYV_Wxw

1469950_2452067550946_626387230_n.jpg

Last edited:

sagebel

Reaction score
That sucks. I wanted one I could leave my garmin plugged in and it would shut off after loosing power when the truck is turned off

I put a third fuse block behind the glove box that is powered when the key is on via a relay. One of the fuses goes to a 12v power point that I installed under the steering column that I plug the GPS into. The power cord runs up to the A pillar and then to the GPS so there isn't a mess of cord on the dash. There is a little work involved but the extra fuse block is useful. So far I use it to power the GPS, CB, and strobe light controller and I don't waste the upfitter switches for things that I always want on.

Last edited:

Agjake11

Reaction score
I'm not opposed to that and have done t before but was hoping/figuring it would have at lead 1 of the 4 be switched without having to add my own stuff.

Agjake11

Reaction score
anyone else had issues with changing tire size with 3.31 rear gears? Went from 275/70/18 to 35x12.50x20 and we changed the tire size to 275/65/20 with IDS and also tried changing gears to 3.55 in IDS and still didnt get it close to what it should be speedo or odo wise. 3.55 gears made it worse actually.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have 14870 miles on my truck... this is the stock oem filter that came in the truck and its all highway and a little in town driving... can still see light through it but you can see that its a darker light and not a bright light comming through it.....
ahaqura3.jpg
5uhynamy.jpg

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Sooooo...... Tuesday morn shortly after I left pratt kansas it did a regen... ive drove 1300ish miles since then and it hasnt regened yet that ive seen.... only thing ive done different is add about twice the recommended amount of winter fuel additive to the fuel... got some free from work so I was seeing if it would help/hinder fuel mileage. I thought these would regen no matter what every so many miles?

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online