question/tips/tricks/advice/how to thread

Reaction score
8D922410-7AC1-4FDC-BE01-1F3830132F61_zpsxczje9vy.jpg

Had this pop up yesterday. Been looking and everything I can come up with is I need to replace the sensor on the intake. I have a no limit stage 1 intake. Any ideas on what ms going on? Truck runs fine. I've had the check engine light on since I t**** and d****** everything. Any ideas?

Anyone got some info on this?

Deep_6

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2016 250 after being away from diesels for a long time...but how diesels have changed! Luckily (?) I'm rolling around in the Gulf of Alaska with time to kill between watches so I'm getting 'caught up' on modern diesels and planning out my trucks mod schedule.

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score
Just picked up a 2016 250 after being away from diesels for a long time...but how diesels have changed! Luckily (?) I'm rolling around in the Gulf of Alaska with time to kill between watches so I'm getting 'caught up' on modern diesels and planning out my trucks mod schedule.
Congrats... I had a KR '11 450, loved it & have a Platinum '14 250, love it more. Those have followed my XLT '03 7.3 I had. I loved that truck at the time. But, knock on wood, the 6.7s have been much better and all around great trucks. Though, with the nice technology advances of them, I recognize that creates opportunity for issues. But, so far I've del'd the ***, installed an intake & H&S Motorsports Intercooler (CAC) Tube upgrade (highly suggested) with good tunes on an SCT Livewire (more changes to come) & they've been great. I do wish I had your turbo setup though lol...one of these days I reckon.

blk99

Reaction score
Just bought a 2015 XLT dually 4x4 with 12K miles.... wondering any tips on maintenance or tricks, or anything i should know? I read some of the thread but just too much to read! Lol

oh and i want to keep the warranty in tact for a least a little while, anything useful mods that wont void the warranty?

thanks!!!

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
Just bought a 2015 XLT dually 4x4 with 12K miles.... wondering any tips on maintenance or tricks, or anything i should know? I read some of the thread but just too much to read! Lol

oh and i want to keep the warranty in tact for a least a little while, anything useful mods that wont void the warranty?

thanks!!!

No

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

vcassens

Reaction score

thanks!!!
Careful when changing the oil or you will get a bath in it lol
No

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
This ^^ as far as warranty goes ford will void it for almost anything at least around here they will.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

vcassens

Reaction score
thats no chit on both accounts!!

live life full throttle
Lol the first time i change the oil on a 11+ was in a truck withthe plastic pan and drain plug. I put a 5 gallon bucked under it and was right behind the bucket. The worst part was that it was about 3k over and just came in from a 400 mile run pulling a heavy load. Pulled the plug and got hit in the chest with really hot, thin oil lol

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Lol the first time i change the oil on a 11+ was in a truck withthe plastic pan and drain plug. I put a 5 gallon bucked under it and was right behind the bucket. The worst part was that it was about 3k over and just came in from a 400 mile run pulling a heavy load. Pulled the plug and got hit in the chest with really hot, thin oil lol

i did the exact same thing!

live life full throttle

Fosterchild23

Reaction score
Vancouver Island B.C. / Grande Prairie, Alberta
Are you supposed to be able to change radio stations with the "seek" buttons on the steering wheel controls on trucks with My Ford Touch? I can change sat. Radio channels fine with the dash buttons but when I press the seek buttons on the steering wheel it just automatically takes me to the Siriusxm preview channel.

Platinum250Scorpion

Reaction score

Yeah, I made a big ass mess with the first oil change on my '11 I had. I didn't get hit with hot oil but, I did get a bath.

Are you supposed to be able to change radio stations with the "seek" buttons on the steering wheel controls on trucks with My Ford Touch? I can change sat. Radio channels fine with the dash buttons but when I press the seek buttons on the steering wheel it just automatically takes me to the Siriusxm preview channel.

Yes, you're thinking right. The only time it should do that is if you do it through the touch screen or cycle through your media options using the media button on the dash. Seek on the steering wheel should only cycle through the presets of the media section you're in. At least that's how my '11 was and '14 is.

Latest posts

Members online