Billy T.
[email protected]

Last edited:

ghohouston

Reaction score
It does..... if you have a SD tank :poke:

Billy T.
[email protected]

What are the options of sd tanks on an obs? I know my 2002 sclb tank would hold right about 38 gallons, and I thought that was perfect size. I just don't want to have to do a crap ton of fabrication to make a SD tank fit. I've briefly looked into it, but was discouraged. Seemed like alot of work.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I did a write up on PSN. The only hard part is the filler pipe.

There is a SD tank that has the filler neck in a different location than the 38 gal SD tank. I don't know the capacity of that tank.

Bottom line.....is the SD tank a bolt in---> No. Is there a lot fabrication needed---> No. Is it doable---> Yes.

Billy T.
[email protected]

jwlandry

Reaction score
Yea, im curious as to the price point on this.

Im no business guy but I would think that it would have to be somewhat competitive with the other options that are out there. Could be totally wrong though. I know I love all my riffraff products I have.

KYkickinit

Reaction score
I've got a BDP sump waiting to be put in but now it looks like it might be getting put in by someone else. I'm here for some more info and a price.

V-Ref

Reaction score
THIS is what I have been talking and hinting about for 18+ months. I've been running this for that long. It is 10 times better then a sump for all but MAYBE a full on race truck.

There is no reason to sump a daily driver truck. NONE. The only issue with a normal 5/8" pick up is just how cleanly you can do the install. This takes care of all those issues.

Also has one of the best fuel level sensors in the industry, honestly, bar none THE best fuel level sensor. I've had one in my X tank in the bed for 10+ years, running B100, B99, B20, Red, green, Kero... Perfect working order after all that.
Joe

What benefits would a sump provide a race truck?

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Joe

What benefits would a sump provide a race truck?

Fuel slosh would be the only benifit I could see... But when you get to "race truck" status, you may as well go with a fuel cell in the bed anyway...

DocBar

Reaction score
THIS is what I have been talking and hinting about for 18+ months. I've been running this for that long. It is 10 times better then a sump for all but MAYBE a full on race truck.

There is no reason to sump a daily driver truck. NONE. The only issue with a normal 5/8" pick up is just how cleanly you can do the install. This takes care of all those issues.

Also has one of the best fuel level sensors in the industry, honestly, bar none THE best fuel level sensor. I've had one in my X tank in the bed for 10+ years, running B100, B99, B20, Red, green, Kero... Perfect working order after all that.
I have a DD truck and I was told, by the builder, to watch hard launches with~1/4 tank or to get a sump. I've also heard that trucks with bigger injectors should seriously consider a sump.

I'm not trying to start a pissing match, by any means. I'm trying to educate myself. What does this product do =/> a sump? I would say VS. $$ of a sump, but I have no idea what this product will cost?

Last edited:

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I would want some kind of screen for the pickup. If you ever pull one of these you see the screen can catch a lot of stuff. An option for the 37g tank mod would be awesome too.
anyone who would do in tank mods or this, wouod run a pre filter kit.
Fuel slosh would be the only benifit I could see... But when you get to "race truck" status, you may as well go with a fuel cell in the bed anyway...
whs^^^

hows the back joe?

live life full throttle

V-Ref

Reaction score
Sloshing was about the only thing I could think of you'd be getting at. Riff Raff's stuff is top notch, and this product will hopefully be another great option for our trucks. If you're going to use a draw straw, looks like it'd be tough to beat.

I still like a sump for the positive head pressure it provides the fuel pump...which I theorize (no test data) helps with pumps longevity, and helps an ailing/failing/weak pump make pressure. I think guys can get away with "more sump less pump" on a fuel system vs a draw straw. Just my 2 cents. No pissing match here either.

Stroker04

Reaction score
I'm sure it will be fairly pricey considering a fuel float from ford for the SD trucks is damn near $450 from ford alone...

The Brad

Reaction score
Sloshing was about the only thing I could think of you'd be getting at. Riff Raff's stuff is top notch, and this product will hopefully be another great option for our trucks. If you're going to use a draw straw, looks like it'd be tough to beat.

I still like a sump for the positive head pressure it provides the fuel pump...which I theorize (no test data) helps with pumps longevity, and helps an ailing/failing/weak pump make pressure. I think guys can get away with "more sump less pump" on a fuel system vs a draw straw. Just my 2 cents. No pissing match here either.

The sump will only provide head pressure as long as the fuel level is above the pump. Once you reach half tank, those benefits are gone. I think I'd just make sure to have enough pump.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.