Rudy's first Tow Power-X/stock fuel build

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
looks real clean....but i actually liked it with the stockers. looked clean and sleeperish. nice rig though!

Thanks man.

I def liked the sleeper aspect. but, I needed to fill the wheel wells out a bit more. and i like the way these stick out a bit. Looks like it has "shoulders" now. Besides, I had already let it be known to many here in fayettenam that mustang GTs, GT 500s, and Corvettes are no match for Aaron's craftsmanship. If the Vette had a driver that could shift, I might not have walked him, but he didn't know how to jerk that 6 speed at all. And the GT 500 guy, he is a friend of mine, and he took his engine apart and sent the top to Kenny Bell (????) for some heads and supercharger upgrades! lol!

And, all of these feats were not it HOT DAMN mode..... Aaron told me to keep her in WILD mode, so the stock trans wouldn't take a dump on me. I cannot wait till I have that trans in there! lol!

tbsimmons

Reaction score
If you have towed your fiver how is it?
Not just on flat grounds but hills, 7% or so would be nice.
I have been debating on doing something like this but dont want to make an expensive mistake and either have way too much lag or the temps are through the roof when pulling 7+% grades in 105 degree heat.

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
If you have towed your fiver how is it?
Not just on flat grounds but hills, 7% or so would be nice.
I have been debating on doing something like this but dont want to make an expensive mistake and either have way too much lag or the temps are through the roof when pulling 7+% grades in 105 degree heat.

Haven't pulled in heat like that yet. Never a time when I have been lacking power. Egt hasn't been to 1400 yet. I also geared down to 4.10, so I stay right in the sweet spot of power band. Long slow rollers in nc, aren't quite 7%, but Virginia def had some. Still not to 1400.... I still need my trans switched. Getting that done Friday.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Thanks for the response.
What setting are you towing with the tuner?

I wish Rudy's was a little closer to me. It seems all the good builders are in the east.

Danbonzo

Reaction score
Looks kick a$$. Your beast is coming along veeeeery nicely. Love the murdered out look still. I deliberated long and hard between the SOTA's and the Novakanes. Kanes just won out on my ride but either choice is a win win in my eyes. Great wheels, hope you got a true set to help balance those big sneakers. I run the same size but in Hankook Dynapro ATM's. My rim and tire must weigh 145lbs! My 3:73's pull it ok so your 4:10's must be real close to perfect. I'm leveled also but never rubbed like most do, I used ICON which I think are on the tall side as far as the leveling kits go, so got lucky there. I also like how you went a little taller in the rear also. I went with 5" traction blocks cause I like just a hair over for the rake look. What is the plan on the trans? Who's Suncoast, or Elite? What stall are you going with on the T.C.?

tbsimmons

Reaction score
So it does get a little warm. I am still debating. Right now on the tow tune from Innovative I have to try to get to 1300. If I drive with my top head then it stays around 1050-1100 over all the grades I have gone over. If I drive with the lower head then it can get to 1300 but I am above the speed limit passing cars over grades.

BFT

Reaction score
So it does get a little warm. I am still debating. Right now on the tow tune from Innovative I have to try to get to 1300. If I drive with my top head then it stays around 1050-1100 over all the grades I have gone over. If I drive with the lower head then it can get to 1300 but I am above the speed limit passing cars over grades.

if i had a set i wouldve already let you know. ive barely broke 1400* with stockers on a tow tune.

hopefully you get your tranny in and can give it hell

Corb@CorbinShipping

Reaction score
Looks kick a$$. Your beast is coming along veeeeery nicely. Love the murdered out look still. I deliberated long and hard between the SOTA's and the Novakanes. Kanes just won out on my ride but either choice is a win win in my eyes. Great wheels, hope you got a true set to help balance those big sneakers. I run the same size but in Hankook Dynapro ATM's. My rim and tire must weigh 145lbs! My 3:73's pull it ok so your 4:10's must be real close to perfect. I'm leveled also but never rubbed like most do, I used ICON which I think are on the tall side as far as the leveling kits go, so got lucky there. I also like how you went a little taller in the rear also. I went with 5" traction blocks cause I like just a hair over for the rake look. What is the plan on the trans? Who's Suncoast, or Elite? What stall are you going with on the T.C.?

I was going to keep this a secret... but looks like dave spilled the beans.... Aaron is building me one. the first RDP HD transmission... and a suncoast HD TC. and yeah, those 4.10s pull real nice. I just wanna let her rip.... but, I need to be smart, and wait for the proper pieces.....

Truck looks great Chris!

thanks a ton jeff. I have her just about right! next is my dually..... lol!

I believe someones tranny is on the bench and apart at the moment... Should be together this afternoon and awaiting arrival for install and dyno!

again, I was going to keep this a secret... lol! thanks dave, i ll get her to you thursday late morning, or early afternoon. I have a HALO jump with my dog in Reaford at 4:00 pm.... so i gotta hurry.

and HELL YEAH! to the dyno!

corb

Last edited:

David S.

Reaction score
wow first rudy's inhouse transmission? thats hard to believe it's on ly the first ever

Latest posts

Members online