S364.5 on 7.3

Swaan

Reaction score
Part # 179077 for the whole turbo. Can be found for about $1250.

It's a 62fmw with a 68 turbine and wastegated t4 .83 divided housing. Comes with 6 pad thrust also.

It's actually a borg factory replacement on the dt466e.

I do know they make that housing for the bigger 74 mm turbine also but it's can be hard to find.

You guys do know there is actually a .83 non gated housing in t4 divided from borg also right?? It would prob only be good for stock injectored 7.3 I'm thinking thou.

I'm actually kinda surprised you don't already know all this as your working at full race. Thank you by the way for providing those comp maps.

Last edited:

knuckleup83

Reaction score
You know that isn't an SXE turbo right? That's where my confusion was. I thought by your post you were saying that a housing was available in the SXE Line with an internal wg setup. Thats an S300G navistar. Pretty old tech compared to the SXE lineup.

Swaan

Reaction score
Holy,
I didn't think I had to explain but here it goes.
I was talking housings.
I ended up showing you a part # for a compleat turbo with that housing.
All sxe turbos come as a supercore, meaning everything but the exaust housing. So all you need to do is order the .83 gated for your sxe. Done!
The only thing that would be diffrent with that box 179077 from a sxe would be the compressor housing itself. It already has the fmw .
All I was getting at was to let people know there is more options

And as far as calling thst 300g low tech, I think not as that turbo has all the latest tech from borg in it that was available just before the sxe line came out. It even has the same comp wheel.

Last edited:

knuckleup83

Reaction score
Actually you're incorrect. The 64mm SXE we have been talking about primarily in this thread has two options for turbine wheels, 76mm and 80mm. So that housing won't work. The 62mm SXE also has a 76mm turbine wheel. So it won't work for that turbo either. Not trying to start a pissing match here. Just making sure correct information gets relayed before someone spends money for something that won't work.

Also the wheel tech in the navistar is much older technology than the new SXE turbos which use EFR billet wheels which are different in design than the older model FMW wheels.

Swaan

Reaction score
Okay now your starting to aggravate me.
I was talking the exducer size of the turbine wheel, like most people talking borg warner do.
Your stuck in garrett world obviously , hence the bigger inducer size.
It really don't mater as some people say it diffrentlly.
That housing will fit the sxe 68 exducer turbine wheel. So no I'm not incorrect.
Truly I find it hard to believe you work for a turbo shop like full race and you can figure that out .

There's two turbine sixes 74/80 and 68/76
You get the picture yet

Last edited:

knuckleup83

Reaction score
Lol perhaps when you start explaining things correctly, I'll stop correcting you. I didn't come here to argue with you. I provided help and feedback where needed. So my job is done.

Swaan

Reaction score
Lol perhaps when you start explaining things correctly, I'll stop correcting you. I didn't come here to argue with you. I provided help and feedback where needed. So my job is done.

I explained things just fine. I can't help it if you can't disifer inducer/exducer sizes.
Your the one who said you don't want people getting the wrong information. Just trying to give people other options then what you provided.
It's called thinking out side of the box.
You may be all disgruntled but honestly this is all good stuff here people can learn from. Don't go away mad bro!

knuckleup83

Reaction score
I think the word you were looking for is decipher...

I'm not even remotely mad. Contrary to your opinion, when I email back and forth with the engineers at BW we speak in turbine wheel OD. You're the one saying things like you're getting frustrated. Why, I am not sure. I'm sure you're a smart guy when it comes to certain things and yes this thread should be here to help people. Not for them to watch two guys argue back and forth because 1 talked in Exducer and 1 in inducer. So my post was meant as in I'm not getting off topic to banter with you.

Swaan

Reaction score
Well I'm glad to hear your not mad.
And yes by all means we don't want to screw up a good turbo thread by meaningless banter about inducer/exducer talk. Shame on me. My bad.
Carry on, good stuff..!

Oh and this is not a spelling B. It's a turbo thread.👍

knuckleup83

Reaction score
For some of you guys running the 38r's , what housings does everyone seem to like the most? Are guys seeing pretty high egt's/backpressure numbers with the smaller housings by chance?

Swaan, are you seeing good egts/backpressure numbers with the 1.00 housing on your turbo?

Swaan

Reaction score
My egts are never too hot. I can pull in my 380 rwhp tune with foot on the rug and only get too 1100 maybe 1150 if it's hot outside.

As far as back presure is concerned, I've never hooked up a Guage to see. The truck pulls hard all the way to 3400 rpm thou and does not feel like it's choking turbo wise.

If you guys like just for **** sn giggles I can hook up a gauge and do a wot run while monitoring boost /exaust presure.
I got a spare Guage I can plum into my ebps tube.

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
I have the 1.0 on my setup. EGT's can get hot if I lug it up a grade, this is with about 10K behind me, Washing state passes maintaining 65 or 70. Down shift and im good to go.

"drag racing" WOT pulls I can see 1350 from dead stop to up above 100 mph. Never see it get above that. This is without a trailer of course.

I monitor my back pressure on an OBD2 reader and never see anything above 1 to 1 ratio.

I have read I would like the 1.15 but really haven't had any need to try it...

Id really like to put a 64.5 with the .91 t4 on my rig. Seems like a few people are really liking this turbo with the 175/80's.

Edit: this is all on my hot PHP tune.

knuckleup83

Reaction score
Nice. I figured the 1.00 housing would probably be a nice match for this kind of setup.

I was honestly more just curious about the backpressure numbers. A lot of the really high hp stuff we do, we will have EBP sensors setup and monitor them in the ECU and can setup fail safes and all sorts of stuff. But this is more on 1k rwhp supras and GTR's and such setup for halfmile events and whatnot. Whole different ball-game from the diesel stuff.

knuckleup83

Reaction score
Thanks for the post Carport. Do you know where your EBP sensor is located? Is it in your turbine housing or in the pedestal somewhere?

Swaan

Reaction score
I will post a video of my truck doing a wot run.
I got 2 brand new liquid filled gauges I will use just for the testing.
I've always wanted to do this anyway so nows a good excuse to see for sure .

knuckleup83

Reaction score
Awesome. I was asking more for curiosity sake because I love data, but I'm sure other guys might want to see some info as well.

I'm excited to see a video of your truck.

Swaan

Reaction score
Np
I'm curious to see as well.
Good day to do it. Still dry outside.
Braaaaaaaap!!!

CarportMechanic

Reaction score
Thanks for the post Carport. Do you know where your EBP sensor is located? Is it in your turbine housing or in the pedestal somewhere?

Im pulling off what the computer sees so it's from the factory EBP sensor. I believe it is accurate but have not verified with a true gauge.

It wont let me edit my previous post. Apparently I dont knwo how to spell my own state. I meant Washington if anyone was confused

Latest posts

Members online