S366 VS Full Force BASB Bell 300 series Turbo

Dflippin08

Reaction score
All I can find is the .91 which is what I have. I've heard there are others available, but didn't have any luck finding one. I would imagine it's a lot of $.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Swaan

Reaction score
All I can find is the .91 which is what I have. I've heard there are others available, but didn't have any luck finding one. I would imagine it's a lot of $.

Actually your .91 is the housing you want to keep. Why on earth do you think you need to go bigger.?
Any turbo shop can get you a housing .there cheap $150 or so, less if you find a used one. Like I said 1.00 or 1.10 is other 2 options.
You'll be going backwards in performance with a bigger housing or turbo with your stock injectors I promise you that.

Dflippin08

Reaction score
Guess i left out that im going to larger injectors now. I feel that the s366 was a waste of time. There aren't many options for exh hausibgs above a .91 for a s300. Which is why a waste gate is needed. So the turbo isn't overspeeded. I said with stock injectors I liked it. I'm going to 300/200's now. The s467 will do anything the s300 will do but has more to offer down the road. If you don't plan on BIG injectors, the s400 is a lot better starting point.

ncollins64

Reaction score
I don't know much about the bell turbos but what is the difference in the basb, qssb, and gqssb turbos? I'm going t4 on my obs soon and wanna know all options

cjfarm111

Reaction score
To be honest I don't know. I know the gqssb is T4i mount and the basb is a T4 mount. As far as turbo specs go not many people know that. I had the hfsb which is the newest version of the gqssb and its 66mm turbo with a 71 mm old school turbine wheel and a 1.15 housing. In my experience is a very laggy turbo with the injector size I have. If your shopping for turbos go T4 and look hard at the borg warner sxe line.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
I don't know much about the bell turbos but what is the difference in the basb, qssb, and gqssb turbos? I'm going t4 on my obs soon and wanna know all options

Love my BASB with 175/80s.

The BW S400 series turbos have clearance issues in the OBS trucks. You have massage the firewall for clearance.

Stick with a T4 series turbo, there are much more turbo choices available.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Reaction score
Loved my BASB as well, spooled fast, low drive pressure, really cool egts, and pulled real well in the top end

06-6.0l, studded, reworked heads, egr ******, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, dummy plugs, stand pipe, upgraded stc fitting, New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, stage 1 powermax, and Looney wild, 325/65R18

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Sooooo I musta got the odd ball bell turbo cuz I don't see many people running it. Must be a reason for that.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
First, most don't run a T4i set up.

IMHO, you either might have gotten a mis-built turbo or sent the wrong turbo.

Did you ever contact Jody at DP Tuner?

My understanding was that a HFSB turbo was the same as a BASB except for the T4i mount.

Oh BTW, love my BASB turbo.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I did and the turbo worked the same before and after the billet wheel so if something was wrong you would think Pias woulda caught it

cjfarm111

Reaction score
And I also talked to bell about my lag and they said it must be an issue with my engine not there turbo.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Sooooo I musta got the odd ball bell turbo cuz I don't see many people running it. Must be a reason for that.

Something happened, maybe just wrong application or what you like is a little different. Pius IMO is the best but I also now that new line works well. I have had a number of different Pius setups including triples back in the day.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
And I also talked to bell about my lag and they said it must be an issue with my engine not there turbo.

What RPM did it spool? Some people deal with the lag because they want the HP number... I hate lag and want nothing to do with it.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Spooled around 1950-2000. And was told by Pias that the hfsb was a great tow turbo and blah blah blah. But........I wonder if Pias has ever had on a 7.3? Or is it just feed back from people?

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Last edited:

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Well maybe mine was built wrong but he had it when I had the billet wheel put in and nothing changed. And then for them to say my engine has other issues is not good customer service. They shoulda said how about you send it back and we will Doyle check our work or send us that one and we will
Send you a new one and see if that fixes the issue.
I have over two grand in a turbo that doesn't work. Just a sheety feeling.

Latest posts

Members online