S366 VS Full Force BASB Bell 300 series Turbo

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Ok. I was just curious, It sounded like you were pretty happy with this setup from some previous posts. Sorry you had so much trouble with it. What did the specs end up being on your HFSB? And what all did you have to change when you switched? Just the up-pipes/pedestal or everything including oil drain / feed lines and charge air piping etc?

How do you like the BASB? Any consideration on compounds?

Reaction score
CJ,

Im curious, what happened between this post and your current situation??
That is interesting...

However, I too was under the impression that the HFSB was basically a BASB for t4i. I personally would consider a Bell before others on my new truck, but haven't got to that point yet.

I also gotta admit, I was mislead when I first purchased a D66, everybody I talked to at that poi,t loved it and said it was great for towing. And when I talked to some staff, they confirmed it would do what I wanted it to, and recommend I don't do the 1.0 housing. Later down the road, I was unhappy and decided to try the 1.0 even though I was advised not, and it was better, but still not what I was told, I started asking more questions on the forum, and low and behold a lot of people were coming out of the wood works with the same complaints, slow spool, Smokey and hot (especially when towing) . Now it did pull hard on the top end, but it was like a light switch, and unfortunately with MY trruck, it didn't work, and I was always under the turbo. Some kept telling me my rpms were too low and I needed change to 4.10s...

Point is, the HFSB didn't work on HIS truck like he was told, and I hate it for you CJ, Cause I felt the same way about the D66. Its unfortunate that you wouldn't be willing to try another of his turbos, and like mentioned above, if you had gone the BASB route we probably wouldn't be having this conversation, but i understand your frustration, and am glad you finally found what works for YOUR truck

06-6.0l, studded, reworked heads, egr ******, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, dummy plugs, stand pipe, upgraded stc fitting, New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, stage 1 powermax, and Looney wild, 325/65R18

cjfarm111

Reaction score
The hfsb is a 66mm charger with a 71mm turbine and a 1.15 t4i housing. And was told I couldn't go any smaller on the ex housing. To switch I had to buy the t4 up-pipes and mount which is all one piece. All the rest worked fine. I used a Carson stauffer mounts and everything fit perfect. And of course the a new turbo.

NC714

Reaction score
How do you like the BASB? Any consideration on compounds?

I am very happy with the BASB. I just towed our fifth wheel RV (It is on the light side, about 8-9KLBS) We went from the NC mountains to the NC coast on this trip. Driving the truck was almost effortless, no EGT issues whatsoever and plenty of power. Overall a great towing setup.

I would love to do compounds, but I would be limited by a stock bottom end and small injectors. Its always in the back of my mind though

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I am very happy with the BASB. I just towed our fifth wheel RV (It is on the light side, about 8-9KLBS) We went from the NC mountains to the NC coast on this trip. Driving the truck was almost effortless, no EGT issues whatsoever and plenty of power. Overall a great towing setup.

I would love to do compounds, but I would be limited by a stock bottom end and small injectors. Its always in the back of my mind though

Coo. I know exactly what you mean. I had trips from Pius and really want another set...But that was on a Cummins and I am not sure about doing those on a 6.7. I have towed 14K with my TSSB turbo and it works really well, 6.7 is such a different animal though. I did make one adjustment to my truck and it drastically effected the performance of my turbo. It spools at 13 to 14 K at elevation but made it not spool until 2K...It was a sensor causing the issue.

gnxtc2

Reaction score
Why couldn't James swap out the 66mm wheel and compressor cover to a 64.5mm?

I too was fustrated with the D66. Once I read Jeremiah's post about swapping to the T4/BASB, my mind was made up. Do a search here of my drama with the D66.

Billy T.
[email protected]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I think the exhaust side was the issue with my setup. Also I was also under the turbo bad when I was towing. And you are right once it lit it was a handful but that was at 2000 rpm which in turn made it smokey and very hard to drive let alone tow with. All is good now though. I just wish I wouldn't have spent he money on the billet wheel and 360 thrust. That was $650! Ouch

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I told James my issue and sent him some
Pictures and he knew right away that I had the wrong turbo for my setup.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I think the exhaust side was the issue with my setup. Also I was also under the turbo bad when I was towing. And you are right once it lit it was a handful but that was at 2000 rpm which in turn made it smokey and very hard to drive let alone tow with. All is good now though. I just wish I wouldn't have spent he money on the billet wheel and 360 thrust. That was $650! Ouch

You really should not have a problem selling it, especially if you stop whining

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Sorry I'm not meaning too. There is nothing wrong with the turbo but I was sold the wrong one. And there not cheap! But whatever it is what it is

Swaan

Reaction score
Why is it that every time there's a good thread going and everybody is learning and things are getting resolved yada yada yada...........
In comes some jackass , you all know him well I'm sure. He's the guy that's flexing his muscles , running his mouth and usually has his dick in his hand. This is the same dude that is swinging his nuts hard for one particular business and will do this at all costs.
He will continue on doing this meanwhile contributing nothing to the ops issue itself or adding any usefull information at all.

Honestly Kathy no one gives a rats ass about your time slips and your you tube vids with your 6.4 or 6.7 or whatever the *** you got. It's got nothing to do with what us adults are talking about here , All you do is stir the pot and get people upset

I'm out!

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Why is it that every time there's a good thread going and everybody is learning and things are getting resolved yada yada yada...........
In comes some jackass , you all know him well I'm sure. He's the guy that's flexing his muscles , running his mouth and usually has his dick in his hand. This is the same dude that is swinging his nuts hard for one particular business and will do this at all costs.
He will continue on doing this meanwhile contributing nothing to the ops issue itself or adding any usefull information at all.

Honestly Kathy no one gives a rats ass about your time slips and your you tube vids with your 6.4 or 6.7 or whatever the *** you got. It's got nothing to do with what us adults are talking about here , All you do is stir the pot and get people upset

I'm out!

When I read mis information about something I have personal experience with I am going to say something and back it up with the reasons why. Especially when a friend can't defend himself and is taking hits on price etc and his reputation . My Youtube videos actually show real world experience with the product being discussed and the builder. How you can't connect the dots and see the relevance is beyond me.

I don't give a *** about yore piece of **** truck, yore opinion of me and my truck, or what product I choose to defend. Don't like it use the block function.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The one thing that does baffle me though, is how well the BASB spools with a 1.10 exhaust, I'm glad it does cause that in turn creates less drive pressure, cooler egts, and better performance all around...

And if I don't use a Bell turbo on my new truck (when the time comes) I'll probably be looking into James or KC

06-6.0l, studded, reworked heads, egr ******, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, dummy plugs, stand pipe, upgraded stc fitting, New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, stage 1 powermax, and Looney wild, 325/65R18

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
The one thing that does baffle me though, is how well the BASB spools with a 1.10 exhaust, I'm glad it does cause that in turn creates less drive pressure, cooler egts, and better performance all around...

And if I don't use a Bell turbo on my new truck (when the time comes) I'll probably be looking into James or KC

You planning on a 6.7?

Latest posts

Members online