S366 VS Full Force BASB Bell 300 series Turbo

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Ha ha make **** up huh? Since your so smart then tell me what the smoke and mirrors hfsb turbo works on? What are the specs? Or for that matter how come
There are no specs?

It's yore.

I'm not the turbo builder. I leave that up to Pius.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I came on here asking questions and looking for answers and thanks to some I'm back up and running. Thanks swaan and others that shared your experiences and helps guide me in the right direction. I'm not here to bash the god of turbos but frankly I could care less about his wins or losses at the track. It's plain and simple his turbo that I purchased didn't not perform as advertised. so if I'm asked I will share my experience with others as I see fit.

Reaction score
This is opinion only, but when it comes to turbo selection for say just a street truck, there are gobs of factors that come into play, if you change just a "turbo" expecting the turbo to fix the rest of things you find undesirable I find that many are VERY dissatisfied. You change one variable and the rest of equation changes.. I've never ran any of the above turbo's yet but have experience on Hot Stock Semis and let me tell you, there is trial and error sometimes, when I worked on "Touch of Class" we went through two Michigan Turbo $6k turbos and finally called CDS, they literally gave us a questionnaire, we provided the necessary info, and they worked with us, spent another 7k and tada.. People treat turbos like miracle parts, there's just too much to understand to throw money at the stuff..

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I came on here asking questions and looking for answers and thanks to some I'm back up and running. Thanks swaan and others that shared your experiences and helps guide me in the right direction. I'm not here to bash the god of turbos but frankly I could care less about his wins or losses at the track. It's plain and simple his turbo that I purchased didn't not perform as advertised. so if I'm asked I will share my experience with others as I see fit.

Nice post. It has been a long time since I have driven a 7.3 , I am happy that yore truck is working for you now.

Here is a lititle video from my current setup with a Pius charger. Have no idea of it works on a 7.3 lol.
Watch "11K H&S Turbo Parley's" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/42wyZ6cO8Lg

Last edited:

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I understand the trial and error time when you mod things. I'm just saying I was told it would work and then was suckered into spending another $650 for a billet wheel to fix the issue and it didn't. So take that for what it's worth

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I understand the trial and error time when you mod things. I'm just saying I was told it would work and then was suckered into spending another $650 for a billet wheel to fix the issue and it didn't. So take that for what it's worth

Suckered is bashing. I thought you weren't here to do that?

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Soooo what would you call it? Standing behind your product? Supporting your product? Call it what you will I'm done with bell turbos.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
Soooo what would you call it? Standing behind your product? Supporting your product? Call it what you will I'm done with bell turbos.

I call it one side of the story with hundreds of people running his turbos without issue with your exact truck.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
So your saying I'm lying? And why am I the only guy that has a hfsb?

I'm saying at a minimum it was bad communication by someone. He sent you that turbo for a reason, I doubt you are the only one with it unless he built it custom for you.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
Nope I told him what injectors I had both times he had the turbo. Same result. Poor spool and high egts at high rpm

cjfarm111

Reaction score
That was right after I installed the turbo and hadn't really drive it. Mostly interest driving.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
My god, well we have established you can't be trusted with any information regarding turbos.

cjfarm111

Reaction score
And that's my fault. I shoulda put some time on it first before commenting on performance. And I was at the time talking with Jody at dp trying to figure out the spooling issue.

NC714

Reaction score
Ok. I was just curious, It sounded like you were pretty happy with this setup from some previous posts. Sorry you had so much trouble with it. What did the specs end up being on your HFSB? And what all did you have to change when you switched? Just the up-pipes/pedestal or everything including oil drain / feed lines and charge air piping etc?

Latest posts

Members online