SCT X3 just froze my computer!!!

F350Power

Reaction score
Do not try SCT X3 on 2012 Ford SD. I have been frozen solid and unable to return to stock now for 5 days. They promised new tuner last Friday! Nothing yet!

My only option is to have it towed and re-flashed to stock by a dealer.

Spent 4hours on phone with morons in tech support. Nothing worked! 4hours late for biz trip. Had to borrow truck from buddy. What a mess.

No more SCT for me. Should have gone H&S to begin with.

I now have a $60k Driveway Ornament! Thanks you pr!cks!

F350Power

Reaction score
Eric's tunes. Left message for him. No help there either. Looks like an SCT problem. Huge mess. My truck is completely dead. Hope like hell no damage to the main brain. Just sitting in the driveway making funny noises for 5days. Waiting on new SCT Tuner to hopefully return to stock. If not, tow to dealer today.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Is everything off in the truck during the flash? I watched an SCT sit there idle for 45 minutes on a 6.0 before, only to find out the defroster was on... shut it off and everything went like normal after that...

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
Sorry about the issue. I was in contact with SCT support, who were trying to build a recovery file. It looks like something happened during the flashing process, which is very unusual. Unfortunately you haven't had a chance to actually install the tunes themselves.

Like I said, we haven't seen an issue with the 6.7L it's a very straightforward process.

Hopefully they'll get you back up and running. I'll call down to see what's going on.

F350Power

Reaction score
Bullish@t

Sorry Eric. I have to cry bullish@t on this one!

I had your Street and Performance programs up and running for a couple of weeks. No problems.

When I went to return to Stock tune, it failed and I kept getting error codes 1014 and 1016. After 4 hours with their tech support morons I was still sitting in my driveway with a completely dead truck. They promised to over night me a new unit next day. No show! Promised again yesterday. No show! It wll be 1 week Thursday with a brand new 2012 F-350 out of business! I am beyond pissed!

I had a tow truck haul it to Ford Dealer today.

I left you a message and got no response.

I had every possible electrical item turned off. Not my first rodeo!

I cannot recommend that anyone try the SCT X3 on a 2012 unless they want to end up in the same boat I am in now. F@cked!

1 week and no tuner. No help. No one seems to really give a sh@t!

F350Power

Reaction score
Thanks all! Very frustrating as you can tell.

SCT needs to get a 911 Department. What if this happened in the boondocks of West Virginia while I was loaded up with 10,000 lbs? Their apathetic attitude and constant lying about programmer being overnighted has been exhausting! Very, very disappointed!

If I ran my business like that, I would be finished. We preach Customer Service. Without Customers, we do not exist.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I had my livewire freeze solid on me the other day. Called tech support they went through a couple things with me to try. I had gearhead tunes and eric tunes on my livewire. Nothing we tried worked, so the sct tech remoted through my computer, formatted my tuner im guessing, rebuilt me a stock file, loaded my custom tunes and all back to my tuner. Walked me step by step and was just as nice as could be. Had my livewire going withing 2 hours

F350Power

Reaction score
Now on Day 8 with my truck sitting at a Ford Dealer via tow truck. Dealer tried reflash and their unit will not even talk to my computer. Finally got replacement SCT X3 Tuner after a week! In Dealers hands now. Truck will do absolutely nothing. Praying that dealer does not void out my warranty. Absolutely zero help from Eric or SCT. I am in a world of sh!t! $60k driveway ornament! What a nightmare! This may be a very expensive lesson!

No more SCT for me!

InnovativeDiesel

Reaction score
I have been in contact with SCT, they are doing what they can to recover with an SCT unit. If you were local, I could hook up to the truck and reflash it. Remotely, we'll have to rely on SCT's remote support tools. Hopefully the stock recovery takes care of it. This isn't something that happens normally or you'd hear about it much more...and there would be a much simpler fix.

bbbxcursion

Reaction score
If you were worried about the warranty, I don't think it was a good idea to take it to the dealer after you tried flashing it. I'm sure Eric was trying to help but things don't just happen overnight.-Especially if this isn't a common issue.

17BLKplat

Reaction score
Let them run tests on the truck.
I know I had a computer that was 100% dead in the truck since day 1 and it's why my mpg was off, door code never worked, and a few other items weren't operating properly. These all had nothin to do with SCT obviously. So before going to crazy on one item, let's see their diagnosis.
My truck has had an SCT on it since 500 miles, tunes on and off using the X3, and no issue what so ever.

Sorry for your problems, I hope they figure it out for you and warranty lends a helping hand.

F350Power

Reaction score
Not looking for things to happen over night. Tomorrow makes 11 days with my truck completely shut down. That is a bit ridiculous by anyone's standards. Guy I talked to from IDP ( not Eric) advised that only fix he knew was to contact SCT. SCT tried with recovery files for 4 hours. Nothing happened. No choice but to tow to dealer, as advised by SCT Tech Support! Everything is no big deal until it happens to you! SCT unable to return to stock!

Eric, if you have any idea how I can get this truck back up and running ASAP, then please call Ford Dealer or have SCT contact them. I have asked them already. They have phone number You can reach me at [email protected]. I can give you my cell number.

Right now I am out of options! If no help from IDP or SCT, I need to have new ECU installed tomorrow! Cannot afford any more down time.

I have a $60k truck down. Put yourself in my shoes and ask how you would feel!

I am not here to bad mouth anyone. I just need someone to get off their dead ass and help me to get this truck up and running again. I also do not want it to happen to someone else. I would not wish this problem on my worst enemy!

Last edited:

F350Power

Reaction score
It's official. My PCM is completely fried. It happened during reflash to stock with the SCT. Ford Dealer is having a new one next day aired and hopefully I will be back in business after 2 weeks! Yeah!

Bad news is that there is absolutely no way to cover under warranty. Adding up tow bill plus labor to diagnose plus installing new PCM, I am guessing my out of pocket will be $2,000.00 or more! Not sure what, if anything SCT will do for me. I will keep you posted.

At this point, I just want my truck back. Stock is ok with me.

Been on hold with SCT for 20 minutes. So far 2 hang ups. Nice!

No more tuners for me!

F350Power

Reaction score
2012 Ford F-350 SD King Ranch. Less than 800 miles. 2weeks down time. I am Ike to my stomach. Purchased from Eric. Caveat Emptor. Let the buyer beware!

BIGGDADDYT

Reaction score
Sucks to hear man I have heard the good and the bad and for me stock is just fine I bought the truck for towing and hauling. And it does both for me just fine so never really felt the need to use tuners and etc. Hopefully after all said and done you will have the truck back on the road and running..

Latest posts

Members online