Shocks

WoodBoy

Reaction score
They are mono-charged. The 5000 is a twin tube and the 9000 is a tri tube design. Not real sure where your going with the tube design discussion, as it still does not change the result in ride quality after testing.

What I was referring to is that of course a mono-tube shock is going to ride/respond better on a beat out road or wash boarded dirt road and etc than a twin tube. The insides are totally different in design. So if you took and compared a bilstein 5100 to the Rancho 5000 then the bilstein will out perform every time, but that doesn't mean Rancho sucks. See what I am saying? And on highway driving you cant compare the same two and say the brand Bilstein sucks because its too harsh. Got to make sure you are getting shocks that fit the intended use.

I have no doubt in your results that the 5000 and 9000 didn't ride or rebound like the others you tested, I just felt like if the OP may want to try the 7000s it might fit his wants/needs if you haven't tried them. May be the worst or best mono tube shock for under $150 :shrug: ..

smokinstroker

Reaction score
What I was referring to is that of course a mono-tube shock is going to ride/respond better on a beat out road or wash boarded dirt road and etc than a twin tube. The insides are totally different in design. So if you took and compared a bilstein 5100 to the Rancho 5000 then the bilstein will out perform every time, but that doesn't mean Rancho sucks. See what I am saying? And on highway driving you cant compare the same two and say the brand Bilstein sucks because its too harsh. Got to make sure you are getting shocks that fit the intended use.

I have no doubt in your results that the 5000 and 9000 didn't ride or rebound like the others you tested, I just felt like if the OP may want to try the 7000s it might fit his wants/needs if you haven't tried them. May be the worst or best mono tube shock for under $150 :shrug: ..

The OP's original post asks about shocks. He mentions that it is mainly a street queen. Hence my recommendation on shock choice.

Everyone has their own opinion about shocks. That is why we have the market and choices we do.

2000wa250

Reaction score
I'm also looking at new shocks. Was leaning towards 5160's on the front and 5100's on the back...Any reason not to do it this way? I had 5100's when my truck was leveled, and yes they ride harsh unloaded.

Basically I'm struggling between the 5160 and 5100. Does the external res really make 100$ difference in ride quality?

Truck is a 2000 ex cab long bed with 4" procomp lift, and the pro comp shocks are pretty much toast.

Thanks in advance

Dieselboy.

Reaction score
Chris sold me on the fox 2.0. My set is waiting to go in when I get home.

The 4wheel shop I bought em through steered me away from a resi shock. Said I wouldn't need the resi as it mostly adds in keeping the oil cool when the shock is constantly going in and out. (think heavy off road) so the 2.0 fit my bill.

Thanks again.
Plus. They almost look to cool to install

smokinstroker

Reaction score
Chris sold me on the fox 2.0. My set is waiting to go in when I get home.

The 4wheel shop I bought em through steered me away from a resi shock. Said I wouldn't need the resi as it mostly adds in keeping the oil cool when the shock is constantly going in and out. (think heavy off road) so the 2.0 fit my bill.

Thanks again.
Plus. They almost look to cool to install

Let us know how you like them. Most people really enjoy the ride and control with the new shocks.

greyford1979

Reaction score
I just put some Fox 2.0s on my truck on Saturday. So only a short time with them, but much better than the white body shocks I had on there. It seems like these allow the tires to actually follow the road better instead of just bouncing when you hit a bump or dip in the road. Actually made the ride quieter as well now that it's riding smoother :D

GreenMachine

Reaction score
I just put some Fox 2.0s on my truck on Saturday. So only a short time with them, but much better than the white body shocks I had on there. It seems like these allow the tires to actually follow the road better instead of just bouncing when you hit a bump or dip in the road. Actually made the ride quieter as well now that it's riding smoother :D

What did a set of them run you?

greyford1979

Reaction score
Yeah it was 5 something with the shipping. Got mine from Truck Toyz. I ordered them Thursday morning and they were at my door Friday afternoon :jawdrop:

rascal

Reaction score
Can somebody PM me a price for 4 Fox 2.0 for my 2000 ECSB 4x4? Its and F350 with 3 leafs in the front; fairly tall for stock. I can get measurements if they are needed.

Do they come in silver/black? Include boots as well?

Thanks,
Rascal

smokinstroker

Reaction score
I'm also looking at new shocks. Was leaning towards 5160's on the front and 5100's on the back...Any reason not to do it this way? I had 5100's when my truck was leveled, and yes they ride harsh unloaded.

Basically I'm struggling between the 5160 and 5100. Does the external res really make 100$ difference in ride quality?

Truck is a 2000 ex cab long bed with 4" procomp lift, and the pro comp shocks are pretty much toast.

Thanks in advance

Went to send you info, but your mailbox is full. Delete some messages and I can get you some info

Can somebody PM me a price for 4 Fox 2.0 for my 2000 ECSB 4x4? Its and F350 with 3 leafs in the front; fairly tall for stock. I can get measurements if they are needed.

Do they come in silver/black? Include boots as well?

Thanks,
Rascal

Pm sent

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I just ordered some Fox 2.0's and will have a review write up on them as soon as they come in. I plan on putting them on right away.

Members online

No members online now.