So it begins

02BigD

Reaction score
Id damn near expect that with these things. Id rather run it and have a smile on my face at 11g's than pay 8 and be in jake, lincolnlockers shoes...that poor dude been better off with a junkyard fr motor. Just to put it in perspective.

Do you have a link for Jake's debacle? I had seen him mention challenges here and there on the site, but I hadn't picked up on the apparent severity of the issues.

Just got off the phone with Jon from Carson's. Got everything squared up and figured out that somewhere in between we had miscommunication. Much happier with what was said now that what I thought before. Now I'm more excited to get my motor haha.

Good news! Really looking forward to seeing your success with the truck.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Dom he had a thread like the week after he got it back. Blowing freeze plugs out the block.

His pulling thread went waaay in depth on how finite his shimming needed to be to keep the cps signal intact and still lost fueling due to the disconnect. It was advised his camgear was walking, the wear bushing was really worn, or something else.

Then it blew a headgasket. Most likely from timing irregularities due to the corrupt cps issues.

It was tore down by Morgan and bent rods and no welded cam gear(he was assured it was done). When he first had issues, he was told "its the machinists fault".

He might chime in but he doesnt seem to want to pitch too much of a fit. I admire that.

He sent it to someone else who he knows has the chops to fix it this time.

02BigD

Reaction score
Damn. That's a chit storm.

I agree with your sentiment regarding him remaining relatively tight lipped. Although his sig...LOL

TyCorr

Reaction score
He could have been an azz about it but he hasnt. Even in off the forum comms. I feel bad. He wanted to drive that truck. It kept having cps troubles.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Dom he had a thread like the week after he got it back. Blowing freeze plugs out the block.

His pulling thread went waaay in depth on how finite his shimming needed to be to keep the cps signal intact and still lost fueling due to the disconnect. It was advised his camgear was walking, the wear bushing was really worn, or something else.

Then it blew a headgasket. Most likely from timing irregularities due to the corrupt cps issues.

It was tore down by Morgan and bent rods and no welded cam gear(he was assured it was done). When he first had issues, he was told "its the machinists fault".

He might chime in but he doesnt seem to want to pitch too much of a fit. I admire that.

He sent it to someone else who he knows has the chops to fix it this time.

pretty much sums it up... but me knowing it had a problem and still driving it like i do is why the gaskets blew..
Damn. That's a chit storm.

I agree with your sentiment regarding him remaining relatively tight lipped. Although his sig...LOL
lol

He could have been an azz about it but he hasnt. Even in off the forum comms. I feel bad. He wanted to drive that truck. It kept having cps troubles.

true.. it will be right this time.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online