So it begins

isootmypants

Reaction score
Quoted 7500, bill came to 10800. Lots more little details but that's the main reason. Inflation of 10-15% it's ok by law, but not 40%. And there wasn't even a phone call or anything saying it was going to be more. And I'm not the only one that this has happened to recently...

thuglike

Reaction score
Not cool.

Sorry to hear it took a bad turn. I'm sure the truck will be a beast though.
Hell, it was a runner before. Did Marissa's truck get any goodies yet?

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Quoted 7500, bill came to 10800. Lots more little details but that's the main reason. Inflation of 10-15% it's ok by law, but not 40%. And there wasn't even a phone call or anything saying it was going to be more. And I'm not the only one that this has happened to recently...

same thing happened to a friends 6.4 thye just got rebuilt there. It took quite a few months and he charged $14,000 for a stock rebuild with cut pistons. Reused the injectors and turbos etc.

Krause

Reaction score
I supplied rods, girdle, pistons, balancer,flexplate. He did fill, balancing,cam, fire ring, porting, new t4 mount, coated headers. I don't see 11 grand there

Ouch, hope everything works on man. It's not like you were paying made overtime to have it done over the weekend. Thing was out for a long time.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Id damn near expect that with these things. Id rather run it and have a smile on my face at 11g's than pay 8 and be in jake, lincolnlockers shoes...that poor dude been better off with a junkyard fr motor. Just to put it in perspective.

isootmypants

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Jon from Carson's. Got everything squared up and figured out that somewhere in between we had miscommunication. Much happier with what was said now that what I thought before. Now I'm more excited to get my motor haha.

7.3obs

Reaction score
Isootmypants. I've sat here for about 25 minutes or so now and read this whole thread. Nice motor you got there. I'll be following this for sure. Rock on with the 7.3 man!!

Latest posts

Members online