SPE 6.7 Full Lock Diff Kit

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Is there a thread on that I can search or rear? I've tried two tuners, and nobody can get rid of it. It's gotten me stuck twice now.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Can I have your address and favorite beer type? I'll be doing this tomorrow if possible. If it works beers on me. Thank you in advanced !

JRLott

Reaction score

WHY NOT

Reaction score
Can I have your address and favorite beer type? I'll be doing this tomorrow if possible. If it works beers on me. Thank you in advanced !

Thanks but no need man that's what the forums are for to help people out. Plus I didn't do the work of actually making everything work just knew I had the link saved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
how stout is the locker in the rearend? i was told that they weren't designed for highspeed use or power...

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass
I've heard both so who knows. Some people say they're stronger than we think. I'd say with common sense you should be fine for the most part. For $50 it could help you in some situations get the job done. I probably won't pull or race with it locked as I'm sure I'll find the weak link quicker than normal wether its the locker or the ujoints I don't care to fix either haha. I'm using this as a supplement until I get a trutrac so we'll see how long she holds until the trutrac happens.
I broke my factory locker and had the SPE diff locker. That was with S371 and modded CP4. Now I have a truetrac and can disable traction control with my Aux switch. Works nicely.
Didnt you leave yours locked for an extended period of time? I can't remember but I thought I remember someone saying something along the lines of the switch was messed up and it wouldnt unlock so they just drove it around locked.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I've heard both so who knows. Some people say they're stronger than we think. I'd say with common sense you should be fine for the most part. For $50 it could help you in some situations get the job done. I probably won't pull or race with it locked as I'm sure I'll find the weak link quicker than normal wether its the locker or the ujoints I don't care to fix either haha. I'm using this as a supplement until I get a trutrac so we'll see how long she holds until the trutrac happens.

Didnt you leave yours locked for an extended period of time? I can't remember but I thought I remember someone saying something along the lines of the switch was messed up and it wouldnt unlock so they just drove it around locked.
thanks man

live life full throttle

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
thanks man

live life full throttle

I'll let ya know if I have any issues. I beat on it a little bit this weekend. But the fuel leak put a damper on that. Did a couple roll in pulls and it's the first time Ive seen the drivers side tire smoke or leave rubber. I'm gonna mess with it some more this weekend.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I'll let ya know if I have any issues. I beat on it a little bit this weekend. But the fuel leak put a damper on that. Did a couple roll in pulls and it's the first time Ive seen the drivers side tire smoke or leave rubber. I'm gonna mess with it some more this weekend.

sweet! thanks

live life full throttle

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Im not sure if the gas trucks are different, but on my 12 350 6.2, thats the same fuse I found that will kill ABS/Traction control. But also disables the speedometer. I think the vehicle still monitors the speed, because it still shifts normally, youd just have to use a GPS or similar to see your speed, and then of course no cruise. This pansy driver stuff never ends. First it was ABS and you cant use your own brakes, now its traction control and you cant use your d@mn throttle.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
This pansy driver stuff never ends. First it was ABS and you cant use your own brakes, now its traction control and you cant use your d@mn throttle.

i agree 110%!! chit pisses me off!!

live life full throttle

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Well I read some more and tried something that I should have thought of it unplugged the front drivers side abs sensor to the wheel. Advanced trac says it's disabled. Abs light is on. Need to go find a gravel road to test it. I'll be pissed if I've spent $700 on a tuner and tuning to disable it and unplugging the d@MN front sensor kills it. Speedometer and cruise still work. Two very knowledgeable tuners have tried to disable it for me without success.

JRLott

Reaction score
Your traction control/advance trac/ABS woes should be taken care of with this mod, m02. Welcome to the discussion on how to wire the sensor on an unfitter so you can have your cake, with friggin icing, and eat that b@stard too. Doubt your factory locker will stay locked any longer than normal.

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Well I actually read their directions tonight, and it's the same as pulling fuse 54. When I pull fuse 54 it also kills my speedometer. Which is not an acceptable thing for a DD/work Truck. So I Googled some more and found someone suggested disconnecting the front drivers side abs sensor, I did it, the lights come on in expect, speedometer works, cruise etc all work too. So if that's the case I'll leave it unhooked. Especially if it makestill my abs quit. I'll do some testing soon. It's hard with an underpowered gas truck that weighs 9500 or so lol.

JRLott

Reaction score
Yeah. Some essentially wire the fuse as I understand it. Others switch the wire going to the sensor. I've had it (ABS/Taction control) save my ass a couple times. Mostly when driving like an idiot. Once was going around a curve on well worn asphalt after a light rain had started. Felt it start sliding & let off. I would have been fine since no car was in the lane next to me, but the truck did it's thing and straightened out long before I could have.
It did try to kill me once too...while I was driving like an idiot...though, had I had the switch, it would have been off. Not just disabled through the push button, so it could turn back on just in time to damn near lock the left front tire up while I was trying to go around a slight curve.
In your case, I'd switch the fuse. Speedo and cruise 99% of the time. Controlling BS off when necessary.

sootie

Reaction score
Why not just put a relay on an upfitter? Simple switch when you want it and normal when you don't.

Latest posts

Members online