SRP1.1 failure

DocBar

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but why couldn't you make the body of the housing thicker and thread the outside of it and have a screw-on cap instead of a spiro-lock? Basically make the body of the pump the male and make the end of it female and long enough to thread on solidly. Sure, it would cost more to initially manufacture, but that should drop according to how many you have machined.

Just a thought and I'm not even a cousin to an expert on these things, so I might be waaay off base. :gethim:

Southmike

Reaction score
Because then you would be building a new housing ane the cost will double.
The idea is they are modding oem parts to perform at 200%..at minimal cost.
Stealth made such a pump but cost a lot so probably sold mless units.
So thus the med oil market started.

But a giod solution for those willing to pay.

DocBar

Reaction score
Because then you would be building a new housing ane the cost will double.
The idea is they are modding oem parts to perform at 200%..at minimal cost.
Stealth made such a pump but cost a lot so probably sold mless units.
So thus the med oil market started.

But a giod solution for those willing to pay.
I'm one of those that's willing to pay.

Looking at the end of SRP1, it looks like cast aluminum. I'd be scared to touch that. Let me noodle on this a bit and I bet I can come up with some more dumb ideas!!!!:pint::toast:

m j

Reaction score
IMAG006A.JPG

there is the $$ answer

TyCorr

Reaction score
If spirolok = cheesy why does performance transmissions use them instead of snap rings. Same goes for wrist pin keepers, and highpo front drive slugs.

Yea, you're right because transmissions produce 3-4k psi of pressure.

That just illustrated how it may be the wrong application.

Spirolok=fine for holding on a set of aftermarket locking hubs.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Those pumps have been "backordered" because the srp does what any of those do minus the stg 3. I really do love stealth pumps though. The srp 1.1 is still the baddest hpop in a stock package despite a few issues.

97stoker350

Reaction score
Wen I was talking with Gary he said that the oem snap ring is only meant to hold about 3700 lbs of pressure. The spirolox ring is capable of holding 5000 plus lbs. This of course is if the mating surfaces are completly square and flush. In my case they were not.

Barnhartal

Reaction score
Those pumps have been "backordered" because the srp does what any of those do minus the stg 3. I really do love stealth pumps though. The srp 1.1 is still the baddest hpop in a stock package despite a few issues.

Ah gotcha. Cheesy for application.

DZL JIM

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but why couldn't you make the body of the housing thicker and thread the outside of it and have a screw-on cap instead of a spiro-lock? Basically make the body of the pump the male and make the end of it female and long enough to thread on solidly.

I'm pretty sure Gary told me not too long ago that the next improvement was to thread the rear cover into the body. It'd be nice to confirm that, though, going off memory isn't always so reliable...:lookaround:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I have an original srp1 from my original build that just took a crap the other day. I need to send it back in and have it fixed and upgraded. I can't remember how much it costs to do that.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Something internal. Probably the spring inside. This is an original one though. The one with the known failure. This thing has probably 40k miles on it though between 2 trucks.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.