Stock huffer just let go, need a Big turbo ASAP!!

SootRoller

Reaction score
Thanks Garrett

Ok... Well I hope this post helps calm things down a little bit. I have been out of town all weekend and was not able to post. The reason why no one "knows" who KC turbos is... that is because KC Turbos was not quite a vendor yet and was trying not to break any rules... We did not realize what "vendor pimping" was... now we do. We want to thank all those who let us know privately and politely that we had broken the rules and that we cannot send private pm's about products without being a vendor. The video was posted just to show him what a good vgt setup can do. The only reason we did not post anymore info about our company is because we were not vendors yet. It was not meant to be any sort of secret. Many people in this thread know some of us and I appreciate you guys not jumping right out and telling the whole world who we are. We may be new to powerstrokearmy.com but we are well known in other places.

KC Turbos is a small company based out of Arizona. We are not a big shop and we are not looking to "take over the performance world". We would prefer to stay small and keep our customer happy, rather than blow up and piss off a lot of people. This company was started in an effort to provide great cost effective turbo/performance options to the 6.0 powerstroke world. We always felt that a lot of the "bigger" companies had left us 6.0 guys behind. There are so many options out there for a lot of other platforms that are not available for us 6.0 guys. When we started we were looking for a more cost effective way to run a larger vgt turbo. Well after many months of R&D, testing turbos, creating a good supply of parts, working hard to bring turbo costs down... we finally have a couple of descent products to offer and we will strive to continue offering and bringing out better options.

Our KC 68 stage 3 turbo is very new to the open market, but it has been well tested. We started off with a couple of average joe testers and a couple of un-biased, well known performance shops to test out the turbos. Everyone so far has been SUPER IMPRESSED! It has been run with many different combos from stock injectors to 205cc injectors and everyone has said that they are super impressed.

Here are the specs:

KC 68mm Stage 3 VGT turbo

Application: 6.0 Powerstroke
Recommended Injector size: 175cc - 215cc

Specs:
Compressor = 67.8x94 billet 11 blade single plane wheel with extended tips (we offer a 6x6 upon request)
Compressor AR= we offer a .58 standard with .72ar race cover coming soon
Turbine = 74x70 10 blade gt40 wheel (this is our own proprietary gt40 based wheel unlike any other)
Bearings: 360 thrust bearing with larger than stock journal bearings
All Turbos are 100% dismantled, rebuilt, and rotating assembly balanced. Compressor covers are modified on a CNC machine. Turbos are 100% inspected and checked out before shipping.

Send me a pm for pricing

I wanted to post this video again... someone mentioned that the turbo spooled slow. It may look that way because we were taking it easy until we reached about 15mph and then rolled into the throttle. I can tell you that this turbo lights off SUPER FAST. All of my testers have told me that it lights off faster than any other turbo they have ever used. Even though that seems very unlikely for being such a large turbo, this turbo lights super fast. It cleans up 190cc injectors to almost 0 smoke and lights very close to stock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a***a6p0pxA

Feel free to pm or email us with any specific questions

[email protected]

Very nice man. Respectable post and the right way to handle the situation. Welcome!

STR8LINE

Reaction score
Does anybody know if any of the tuners like innovative or TSD for instance, will work with someone live tuneing via a remote location.. Like here at my local dyno, but monitor in real time and tune etc. surely this can be done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loboost

Reaction score
snipp.jpg

You really can't "live" tune a 6.0 in the same aspect you could an ls1 or modular ford gas engine...

You can however, load a tune, dyno for results, then tweak the tune & repeat the process.

It would involve whoever wrote the tunes to kinda be sitting by waiting for the results and to tweak if necessary.

Your more cost effective option would be to purchase a couple of tunes, dyno the truck running both, take the better of the 2 and have your tuner tweak the areas needing it if possible. Most tuners expect having to do a few tweaks and do not charge extra for that.

sent while driving recklessly

strokin6L

Reaction score
Does anybody know if any of the tuners like innovative or TSD for instance, will work with someone live tuneing via a remote location.. Like here at my local dyno, but monitor in real time and tune etc. surely this can be done?

I'm sure Eric or anyone would do it. But there will be a decent price for them to travel. I think Eric has mentioned that he charges $500 to live tune a truck on his dyno.

Last edited:

BWCbuilt

Reaction score
You really can't "live" tune a 6.0 in the same aspect you could an ls1 or modular ford gas engine...

You can however, load a tune, dyno for results, then tweak the tune & repeat the process.

It would involve whoever wrote the tunes to kinda be sitting by waiting for the results and to tweak if necessary.

Your more cost effective option would be to purchase a couple of tunes, dyno the truck running both, take the better of the 2 and have your tuner tweak the areas needing it if possible. Most tuners expect having to do a few tweaks and do not charge extra for that.

What just happened? why did I get quoted from.....I have no clue what that is from......

loboost

Reaction score
What just happened? why did I get quoted from.....I have no clue what that is from......

Yea I don't either. I even tried quoting STR8LINES post twice Lol

It quoted that link or whatever it says you posted lol

KCTurbos

Reaction score
There are a lot of good tuners out there.

For my daily driver I prefer Chris @ TSD. He has a lot of experience with this turbo and should be able to get it dialed in right. His power comes on very linear. Shifting is spot on. Very nice for a Daily Driver

Matt @ Gearhead is a close second. His tunes are very similar to Chris's in the way they shift and the power comes on.

Eric @ Innovative has the most powerful tunes I have ever run/dynoed. His tunes consistently made more on the dyno during our testing. Although just recently our heads started barely leaking on his tunes but not on the others. We attribute it to the large amount of pulse width that Eric uses. Also Eric's tunes have the light switch effect. Some people love it, while others hate it. His tunes also shift pretty hard (it is supposed to make up for the extra power). I don't like his tuning for a daily driver but they are awesome for pushing the truck really hard

There are different strokes for different folks. All of the above tuners are great and will help you out!

strokin6L

Reaction score
Eric don't always use large amounts of pulse width. That all depends on the nozzle size a and what's needed. Been running Eric's tunes for years....not once have I ever ran a tune that had a light switch effect. Again...that's all in the tuning. You don't like a certain aspect of the tune...tell him...he'll change that. Eric isn't the only one to be said to have a light switch effect with a tune. Other tuners have also been known to have it. I think it more relates to the truck and what's done to it. Kinda like how not every tune will react/run the same from one truck to the next. My tune might not have a light switch effect...but take that exact tune and put it on a different truck and it will

mandkole

Reaction score
KC,
Welcome and thank you for such a prompt response and commitment to PSA. I want to apologize for any disrespect and a couple of undeserved shots below the belt--this is a small community. I look forward to hearing good things from your new business.

STR8LINE,
You got caught in the middle and you didnt deserve anything disrespectful from me. For that, I apologize.

Carry on...

KCTurbos

Reaction score
KC,
Welcome and thank you for such a prompt response and commitment to PSA. I want to apologize for any disrespect and a couple of undeserved shots below the belt--this is a small community. I look forward to hearing good things from your new business.

STR8LINE,
You got caught in the middle and you didnt deserve anything disrespectful from me. For that, I apologize.

Carry on...

:grouphug:

You were all looking out for the best interests of PSA and the members here. It was my bad for pimping out through pm's.

:ford:

strokin6L

Reaction score
So far Charlie has had great results with his 68mm vgt. I cant wait to see more results and some more vids. Keep it coming Charlie :D

STR8LINE

Reaction score
KC,

STR8LINE,

Carry on...

I Didn't Deserve Anything but a compliment on my truck, From Any Coxky mutha fckr's

But Iam trying to contribute to this forum of like minded Enthusiasts who build Custom ChiT and Like to Push things to the Max .. Im fixing to Push these 190/30's too The Max !! and yeah "show OFF" Too The Max :D

Im just a WildASS Country Boy from KY that likes to Live Dreams and build Nice Custom****

IAM Man enough to Respectfully accept your apology and carry on

I think if cocky diesel posts Anymore BS! In MY thread about My**** .. Ban him from MY**** and we may cross paths in life and we will find out what Cocky gets You in My World ., I don't have Time to waist on the interwebs for That!! But I'll be at TS And Shields event and the truck Will be Noticeable =)

Last edited:

STR8LINE

Reaction score
Anybody trade'in Tires? I have some Nice 20" 35's x 13.5 wide .. Thinkin about putting the 2 Like new ones on this 95 Powerstoke 7.3 V8 Turbo diesel CCFB 4.10 Posi out back. If I can get it running RIGHT and of Course with a TS Led switch! I'm Looking for a Painted able 08-10 Front bumper .. I'd swap 2 Good 35" tires to one and some shipping

loboost

Reaction score
I Didn't Deserve Anything but a compliment on my truck, From Any Coxky mutha fckr's

But Iam trying to contribute to this forum of like minded Enthusiasts who build Custom ChiT and Like to Push things to the Max .. Im fixing to Push these 190/30's too The Max !! and yeah "show OFF" Too The Max :D

Im just a WildASS Country Boy from KY that likes to Live Dreams and build Nice Custom****

I think if cocky diesel posts Anymore BS! In MY thread about My**** .. Ban him from MY**** and we may cross paths in life and we will find out what Cocky gets You in My World ., I don't have Time to waist on the interwebs for That!! But I'll be at TS And Shields event and the truck Will be Noticeable =)

You'll likely be one of the few without tow mirrors folded up at shieds Lol

Powerstroke214

Reaction score

From what I gather, what he(and most others) meant was that there are a lot of people who post similar threads asking for opinions on x, y and z product, but instead of looking for advice, they look to affirm their purchase. I've seen this on gun forums, and it's usually from an inexperienced person. Since you asked about a company that was(at the time) a non vendor, and he commented("pimping his product") and then you purchased said product, you were supporting someone who wasn't supporting the site, whereas say RCD has paid for their sponsorship. Now that it's all been cleared up, things are fine.

I have to say that I, for one, am interested in seeing how the KC performs, and welcome them :toast: and look forward to feedback.

Can't hurt to have more upstanding companies in the industry, that will take care of their customers.

STR8LINE

Reaction score
I hear you Man, and I agree while heartedly .. But to say he Hopes I nuke my BrandNew turbo is fckin ****ty IMO And It Was plain an simple, Cocky! I was half Lit lastnight an spoke my mind!

If He wants to Man up an not be a Assbag then I'm cool about it and let it go..

That being said, I too am excited to see how well this combination Works!! Hopefully will have atleast some dyno facts Soon!

I'm gonna mount bottle an line Friday when I swap turbo, if it gets here by then, fingers cross'd !! Because this jeep is a Far cry from My truck! Lol cold ass softtop! And weak as Pond water!!

Trying to figure out which of my solenoids I wanna runs still and fogger, also determine jet size/sizes .. Anybody in here spraying there truck??

Last edited:

Josh@DirtyDiesels

Reaction score
I hear you Man, and I agree while heartedly .. But to say he Hopes I nuke my BrandNew turbo is fckin ****ty IMO And It Was plain an simple, Cocky! I was half Lit lastnight an spoke my mind!

If He wants to Man up an not be a Assbag then I'm cool about it and let it go..

That being said, I too am excited to see how well this combination Works!! Hopefully will have atleast some dyno facts Soon!

I'm gonna mount bottle an line Friday when I swap turbo, if it gets here by then, fingers cross'd !! Because this jeep is a Far cry from My truck! Lol cold ass softtop! And weak as Pond water!!

Trying to figure out which of my solenoids I wanna runs still and fogger, also determine jet size/sizes .. Anybody in here spraying there truck??

Well how much do you want to spray? Do you want to spray and be ok or spray and pray? lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.