superblazin's whicked build

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
I personally think that tune needs tweeked, I ran into high egt's at same mph when I had the 200/150. Seems that the injectors start to fuel too quick before the turbo has a chance to pump the air. As far as the surging I haven't had any from 175,190 or the 200 I had. You are the first with 205, but still shouldn't be any surging. The stage 4 with 285 didn't surge either, I also learned that the turbos I build for some reasons that a little time to get the cut duty cycles learned. You drove the truck before all the mods and there wasn't any surging so it's tuning thing wouldn't you say. There isn't anyone that knows these turbos better than me, no offense they are not the same as any of the past turbo out there before I believe I'm the only one that has put the gt 40 turbine wheel in these big turbos, that's what and other things I do to make then different. Anyway good luck at the dyno, should be a good show, wish I could have made it up there.

windrunner408

Reaction score
No he wasn't able to get one there.

I have not experienced any surging with any of the versions of the Stage 3 that I have put on my truck and I have ran tunes from four different vendors. Even with a tune written for a stock turbo, the turbo didn't surge. Best of luck at the dyno for sure.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
I personally think that tune needs tweeked, I ran into high egt's at same mph when I had the 200/150. Seems that the injectors start to fuel too quick before the turbo has a chance to pump the air. As far as the surging I haven't had any from 175,190 or the 200 I had. You are the first with 205, but still shouldn't be any surging. The stage 4 with 285 didn't surge either, I also learned that the turbos I build for some reasons that a little time to get the cut duty cycles learned. You drove the truck before all the mods and there wasn't any surging so it's tuning thing wouldn't you say. There isn't anyone that knows these turbos better than me, no offense they are not the same as any of the past turbo out there before I believe I'm the only one that has put the gt 40 turbine wheel in these big turbos, that's what and other things I do to make then different. Anyway good luck at the dyno, should be a good show, wish I could have made it up there.

thats because your truck is always broke and you never get to drive it, before you tell us how its suppose to run, prove stuff your self

Superblazin

Reaction score
Benefit of clarification. The files that Shawn ran were for the stock turbo, new files are now loaded onto the sct for all the current mods ( Thanks Eric), and will be on the truck soon! Now
try to find dry pavement in this winter wonder land!

madpowerstroke

Reaction score
thats because your truck is always broke and you never get to drive it, before you tell us how its suppose to run, prove stuff your self

Wow, nice of you to lay a smack down on me. I may not proven my truck, and that is my fault but there are a lot of other trucks out there with the stage 3 and no one ever experience the surging, not saying that it isn't possible. I'm the guy that figured all this stage 3 and 4 design, and ran all the numbers. You know how to build trucks and do a very nice job of it, and are knowledgeable with these trucks I'm not questioning that want so ever. Have a good dyno, and give it help, know you will. Thanks for building the truck by the way, since I can't seem to get it right.

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Out test driving. Jame's is smiling ear to ear, trying a few files Eric sent to get the drivibility perfect. Its close now. Surge is almost out. Adrian you need to learn to shut it sometimes and remember your just new at this game. We'll get her there. Its not just about the turbo. If the turbo was the only thing that made it work good. Why would guys buy other parts. The turbo is only a part of the puzzle. Getting everything to work together and compliment each other is the trick. A$$ometer say 475 LOL

fordfreak4life

Reaction score
Out test driving. Jame's is smiling ear to ear, trying a few files Eric sent to get the drivibility perfect. Its close now. Surge is almost out. Adrian you need to learn to shut it sometimes and remember your just new at this game. We'll get her there. Its not just about the turbo. If the turbo was the only thing that made it work good. Why would guys buy other parts. The turbo is only a part of the puzzle. Getting everything to work together and compliment each other is the trick. A$$ometer say 475 LOL

Did u measure that with the dynobutt gtx47753280.9?

Sent from my Milestone X2 using Tapatalk 2

madpowerstroke

Reaction score

I got you I will keep it shut, and I do agree with you 100% about the turbo only being part of the puzzle. That is also why I stated that you are much more knowledgeable than me for getting the right combos. Hope you not mad at me Shawn, I can't wait to see what the combo you put together can do.:ford:

Superblazin

Reaction score
Shawn and I have been out tearing up the roads of an undisclosed location and have been running through the Arsenal of Eric's files he sent us! Holy crap! Holy crap! Holy crap!

I have been successfully pleased with everything so far! Shawns work is clean and detailed!
As I have never had a non vgt turbo I can honestly say this is the best this truck has ever ran! On the everyday street files and extreme street the truck pulls hard. Real hard!

Remember we're in winter wonderland so optimum traction such as a strip isn't achieved but on the dry roads found so far both Shawn and I grabbed on and road out the ride throughout the gears. Hitting 100 mph in no time and cleaning to a moderate haze through out the wot runs!

To quick quote one of Shawn's comments. " this is the hardest pulling fastest spooling vgt truck he has ever been in! "

More to come as we prepare for the Dyno

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Not 100% happy. So very quickly jamming 2 stages of spray in LOL go big or go home baby

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
I think so. That's where I said it would be. I called Adrians truck to within 5hp at 575. Real #s as far as I'm concerned. About to spray it

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.