superblazin's whicked build

Rene G

Reaction score
I got my OUO's shipped to Grande Prairie through Truck Toys and shipping was decent.

Superblazin

Reaction score
We should get Clay to jig up a couple sets. I need some too.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

I sent him a pm on his forum. I think gis meduim heim would be sweet for this application ? You hit him with your stick too.

Superblazin

Reaction score
Highway run update:
Finally got to do a nice highway run tonight, truck was basically empty with just misc Christmas stuff, running the street file

- cruise set at 70 mph
- Egts 760
- boost 6
- ebp 8
- 1850 rpm
- vgt duty 75%
- fuel psi 60.5

Throttle response remains insane from any speed and rpm range and sounds mean!

Started the truck at - 35 with the wind chill and she fired right up and didn't miss a beat!

bluedge8

Reaction score
Highway run update:
Finally got to do a nice highway run tonight, truck was basically empty with just misc Christmas stuff, running the street file

- cruise set at 70 mph
- Egts 760
- boost 6
- ebp 8
- 1850 rpm
- vgt duty 75%
- fuel psi 60.5

Throttle response remains insane from any speed and rpm range and sounds mean!

Started the truck at - 35 with the wind chill and she fired right up and didn't miss a beat!
Sounds like an awesome toy/tow pig
trucks don't care what the wind is doing, they can't get colder than actual temps, just get there faster. What was the actual temp and was it F or C ?

mclean

Reaction score
trucks don't care what the wind is doing, they can't get colder than actual temps, just get there faster. What was the actual temp and was it F or C ?

-35C is -31F so either way it's stupid cold up north right now...has been since october this year. Makes these trucks very interesting to drive when you can't keep them planted in 4WD haha

Superblazin

Reaction score

That would be -26 C. Or -13 F

bluedge8

Reaction score
That is plenty cold, glad it's running so well for you. It's nice to see built trucks being used daily. We haven't had much cold weather here yet, thankfully LOL

Superblazin

Reaction score
Well I have had a lot of fun with this set up, but after proving how well Shawn's injectors supply the fuel, it is time to add more air!

Stage 3 is coming off this weekend and making its trip back to Adrian at the Mtw to get rebuilt into a Stage 4.

Cak301

Reaction score

I have heard this many times and I know it makes sense from the science view. My truck will start in my driveway just fine after sitting for a week at at temps below zero but there is no wind. I have had my truck parked out on the lake ice fishing overnight and had the wind change so its blowing right in my grill with temps that are -10 to -15 below with the wind chill and my truck wont start until I plug it in for about an hour. This has happened with both my 04 and 05 and my buddies 06.

bluedge8

Reaction score
I have heard this many times and I know it makes sense from the science view. My truck will start in my driveway just fine after sitting for a week at at temps below zero but there is no wind. I have had my truck parked out on the lake ice fishing overnight and had the wind change so its blowing right in my grill with temps that are -10 to -15 below with the wind chill and my truck wont start until I plug it in for about an hour. This has happened with both my 04 and 05 and my buddies 06.

I've really never had that problem, not to put down your equipment, but I wonder if those trucks were right at the edge of being able to start on their own anyway and the wind just took them down to temp so fast that it pushed them over the point of no return? Anyway, windchill is subjective, meaning different people can come up with different numbers and therefore it's not very accurate, I prefer actual temps because it is what it is. Enough derail this thread is about POWER!!! Still very cool to see a work truck running strong!

Superblazin

Reaction score
Well I persevered through the - 2 f and a snowfall and got the turbo out and on the floor! Up pipe vband clamp had me beat for 45 mins. Going to build a small box and ship her off tomorrow!

I sooo need to build a bigger garage to fit this truck!

Superblazin

Reaction score
Yeah that v-band on the up-pipe at the inlet of the turbo can be a bitch at times.

Meh, There was nothing wrong with it. Just didnt want to let 2/3 of it go.
Would have been quicker if I didn't have a beer every time I went for a different tool. But I was trying to empty a box to put the turbo in for adrian. Lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.