superblazin's whicked build

Redneck6.0L

Reaction score
Soon we'll have the Madds stage4 turbo, see how that does, then the next step is to add a s480 in a twins setup to the Madds stage4. The biggest reason in the past with stock Vgt turbo in a twins setup was the shafts were breaking. Now with the Madds turbos using the gt40 shaft, were looking at gating around the Madds to a s480 and seeing what kinda fuel only hp numbers we can come up with using 205s. Using nos we know there's enough fuel for 860, so instead of using huge injectors and over fuelling having a dirty black smoking truck, the goal is to have a big(for a ford anyways) hp truck that runs clean. Or at least that's the goal. This isn't gonna happen over night, we are still waiting for the Madds, we'll update with photos as they come availible

TooMuch03

Reaction score
I have talked to several people who build and/or tune compound VGT setups on duramaxes, like Industrial Injection and Duramax Tuner. They never use a wastegate around the VGT, whether it is a stock or upgrade one. They said that it is far to difficult to control the VGT vanes when you can't 100% know exactly what the wastegate is going to do. According to the guys at Duramax Tuner, the vanes can be opened enough to be as effective as a wastegate at relieving backpressure on the high pressure turbo. I am no tuner or expert on this by any means, just relaying information that I have been told, for food for thought.

FaSSt9602

Reaction score
Duramax uses a different set of info to control the VGT so they can get away with it. That is why add on compound kits have been around since the beginning for Dmaxes...

kevin

Reaction score
Soon we'll have the Madds stage4 turbo, see how that does, then the next step is to add a s480 in a twins setup to the Madds stage4. The biggest reason in the past with stock Vgt turbo in a twins setup was the shafts were breaking. Now with the Madds turbos using the gt40 shaft, were looking at gating around the Madds to a s480 and seeing what kinda fuel only hp numbers we can come up with using 205s. Using nos we know there's enough fuel for 860, so instead of using huge injectors and over fuelling having a dirty black smoking truck, the goal is to have a big(for a ford anyways) hp truck that runs clean. Or at least that's the goal. This isn't gonna happen over night, we are still waiting for the Madds, we'll update with photos as they come availible

I like the sounds of that setup.. you always keep upping the bar

Superblazin

Reaction score
Well I received an email conformation that Adrian received the stage 3!! Hopefully she is back to the post office in a couple days as a stage 4.

It took 10 days to get there. Stupid customs!

"Crazy rednecks". I like that one!

Who would have thought Shawn would be the voice of reason between the two of us!
I'm more balls out, first push, without the courtesy spit. Kinda guy!

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Well I received an email conformation that Adrian received the stage 3!! Hopefully she is back to the post office in a couple days as a stage 4.

It took 10 days to get there. Stupid customs!

"Crazy rednecks". I like that one!

Who would have thought Shawn would be the voice of reason between the two of us!
I'm more balls out, first push, without the courtesy spit. Kinda guy!

LOL Sounds like me

java

Reaction score
-8F40-4C00-BBC0-70DBD05F63C5-7767-000006CABD529FB3.jpg

LOL

g2shuck

Reaction score

just for clarification because I have heard both sides of the today lol... You are going to use the stage 4 as the high pressure to spool up the 480 and put a gate in to relieve back pressure on the stage 4 once the 480 lights off.... is this correct?

Superblazin

Reaction score
:redspotdance:

Stage 4 is installed!
Maiden voyage was a whole lotta fun! Climbed to 42 psi easily merging onto the freeway holds 37 psi! ( monitored on boost gauge taped at intake) ebp 39-40
Scared the shiz outta myself when noticed the speedo pegged at 180 kph.
All within seconds
I sent shawn a quick video of a repeated merge coming back.

Gotta go to bed now more testing to follow in the daylight!

madpowerstroke

Reaction score

Stage 4 is installed!
Maiden voyage was a whole lotta fun! Climbed to 42 psi easily merging onto the freeway holds 37 psi! ( monitored on boost gauge taped at intake) ebp 39-40
All within seconds

Notice any differance in spool up, or lag? I know the answer I just want everone else to hear it from you. Also did you get the tune revised, stage 4 flows more air so it may need tune tweeked a little.:toast:

Mwilbur516

Reaction score

Stage 4 is installed!
All within seconds

Glad you're enjoying it. I'd love to see your truck at an event one day. You got an MTW sticker on that beast yet?

Latest posts

Members online