Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Reaction score
heads_on.jpg

^^^Well, here's where I left it saturday night

long_block.jpg

^^^and here's where it's at now. With any luck, and a late night, I might have it running before I leave today. ...maybe

mudder500

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I was just wondering how it was done by different people.

HD F250

Reaction score
I'm jealous Wayne!

Looks good Wayne, you definitely got it back together quick.

I am more jealous!!! Let's get started on that black truck in the shop, not JD's either.LOL

Wayne

Reaction score
Well, the truck is close. I'm a couple hours from dropping the cab, but between customer's work piling up, and the wife and kids wondering if I am still a member of the family, The last strech will go a bit slowly. Updates to come as I get it a little closer.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Looks good Wayne, you definitely got it back together quick.

I am more jealous!!! Let's get started on that black truck in the shop, not JD's either.LOL

The line starts here, there is a blue one that has been crank calling me cause he wants to come home.

Wayne

Reaction score
Yep, lots to do on some big projects for both you guys and a couple others. I sure enjoy doing the big builds, so thanks for keeping me the good kind of busy.

Wayne

Reaction score
We definitely appreciate you guy's patience. You can expect top shelf results when the trucks are done. Thanks to bigrpowr, the last peice of the puzzle should be here by the first part of next week. My original No Limit CAC pipe was not compatible with the twin pumps the truck has now, so a new one is on it's way. I did end up ditching the coolant filter this round, for time frame & budget purposes, as crazy as that sounds, but I still hope to add it in the near future. I flushed the heads, back-flushed the radiator & heater core, as well as cleaned all the radiator hoses, so hopefully that's enough. If not, I guess another oil cooler will be in my future. Everything else is on target to get some baseline numbers within the next 2 weeks so we can begin more product testing.

We'll start with stock turbos, as I mentioned before, and move on to more, different turbo combinations as we go with dyno comparisons all along the way. We'll probably do a few more tests such as intercooler, ported intake manifold, etc as well. If there's enough interest I'll use this thread to update everybody with the statistics.

Last edited:

Diesel23

Reaction score
I would love to see the results ,that would be a great tool !! Keep up the Great work!

JDub

Reaction score
BTW, Here's one of the studs just before it went in. We now use teflon paste thread sealant on the bottom of the studs going into the block.

Zane was doing something similar to this in all the motors he built for quite a few years, always a good safety measure...

HD F250

Reaction score
Mine haha ok

Damn, I thought I had the only black truck there....lol.

The line starts here, there is a blue one that has been crank calling me cause he wants to come home.

Yeah, yeah, you are getting charged double for parking that big biatch is taking up two spots....:D

i think nathaniel first, then me.

I think I will have to fly out to check on my build when you pick up Godzilla since yours will be done first. Maybe I can drive that beast too!!

Yep, lots to do on some big projects for both you guys and a couple others. I sure enjoy doing the big builds, so thanks for keeping me the good kind of busy.

We are glad we can contribute to keeping you busy and your morale...:thumbsup:

Wayne

Reaction score
If all goes well, the truck will be on a dyno by this weekend for baseline numbers. Thanks to bigr for the IC pipe. I actually had Nathannial, our fab guy weld on 6 stainless bungs (I don't tig weld yet) for wastegate control, and future provisions for nitrous (2 ports), and potentially water methanol (3 ports). I may use them for something else, or not at all, but I don't want to have to add bungs later. The truck is together, and running great. I've got it on a baby tune, and have been taking it easy to break in the new engine nice, but hopefully by tomorrow night I have the last kinks worked out, and have it completely ready. I'm 1 small fuel leak, and wastegate controller plumbing away from being done, so test results should be in soon. I'll be sure to post again once the dyno results are complete.

I must say that so far, one of my favorite mods is the gapless piston rings. It was a major pet peeve of mine at how much air pulsated out of the oil fill port with the lid off, and now, you can't feel the air, and it takes a lot to see any come out of the port. I expect the CCV to be doing a lot less ventilating from now on. :pimp: It started normally before as far as 6.4's go, but I'm also really enjoying how much more quickly it starts now, which I attribute to getting on rail pressure faster with the twin pumps. It's amazing at how much snappier the truck is at all points of the rpm range, also due to the rail pressure responding more quickly to the commanded values. I guess going from a tired injection pump to twins goes a long way.

mortal798

Reaction score
Thats awesome, can't wait for numbers!

Way off topic, are your headlights harleys or painted?

Wayne

Reaction score
Painted. Identical to harleys, but the reflector is heavily smoked so the light behind can only be seen at night. It's illegal, but oh well. I'll change them after my first ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online