Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

madman1234509

Reaction score
Why would you say the gains are ATYPICAL? You averaged 60hp between the two runs. Im sure with the extra fuel mods and the xrace and how it fuels will make anything that pushes more air then the stockers react better then the same tests with stock fuel.

I know you Elite employees and Elite followers have their opinion about the batmos, and other companies and followers have theirs. Some people get results that arent that significant, others the oposite. But when you say atypical it sounds like youre trying to put the product down, which isnt what these tests are about. Its common sense a 71mm turbo will make more power then a 64 or whatever mm, batmo drop in will. Im interested to see what the variety of 71mm turbos will do, esp with a little fuel added.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Why would you say the gains are ATYPICAL? You averaged 60hp between the two runs. Im sure with the extra fuel mods and the xrace and how it fuels will make anything that pushes more air then the stockers react better then the same tests with stock fuel.

I know you Elite employees and Elite followers have their opinion about the batmos, and other companies and followers have theirs. Some people get results that arent that significant, others the oposite. But when you say atypical it sounds like youre trying to put the product down, which isnt what these tests are about. Its common sense a 71mm turbo will make more power then a 64 or whatever mm, batmo drop in will. Im interested to see what the variety of 71mm turbos will do, esp with a little fuel added.

He said atypical because stock turbos with dual fuelers and 60's aren't typical. So relax.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
So the batmo's did what they claim.. 50-60hp gains.. that's good. Looking foward to seeing the rest of the tests

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Ok. It seemed like he was saying his results of the batmo were Atypical because of the 50-70hp gains.

That is what he was saying. The average guy will not see 70hp gains from the drop-in batmowheel. Because the average guy wont have 60's, twin pumps, stock turbos, and 5400 ft altitude, that thing was so air challenged! On a lesser tune that is more representative of a stock tuned truck the batmo delivered in the range of 35hp gains very similar to what rudys found. We are not opposed to the batmowheel, we sell it, but elite won't be telling people to expect gains of 70hp from the batmo and then they can never do it. We will be telling people to expect 35-40hp from the batmo drop-in. If they have 60's and twin pumps, we will recommend much more turbo than the batmo drop-in.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
That is what he was saying. The average guy will not see 70hp gains from the drop-in batmowheel. Because the average guy wont have 60's, twin pumps, stock turbos, and 5400 ft altitude, that thing was so air challenged! On a lesser tune that is more representative of a stock tuned truck the batmo delivered in the range of 35hp gains very similar to what rudys found. We are not opposed to the batmowheel, we sell it, but elite won't be telling people to expect gains of 70hp from the batmo and then they can never do it. We will be telling people to expect 35-40hp from the batmo drop-in. If they have 60's and twin pumps, we will recommend much more turbo than the batmo drop-in.

Sir, leave this thread to the professionals. Better to listen and learn rather than talk and block. LOL

madman1234509

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing it up 6.0. I too am looking forward to more results. I wish we could see a stock vs aftermarket intake!! Any chance of the truck seeing that test back to back? For what an intake costs it'd be nice to have some supporting data. Any idea when the next few dynos will be?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing it up 6.0. I too am looking forward to more results. I wish we could see a stock vs aftermarket intake!! Any chance of the truck seeing that test back to back? For what an intake costs it'd be nice to have some supporting data. Any idea when the next few dynos will be?

You have any idea what the swap entails with the cab on? I doubt Wayne is down to do it.

Wayne

Reaction score

Well said Tadd. As a point of reference to those reading, the same truck with a tired engine that wouldn't maintain rail pressure did a baseline run on stock turbos and the same tune of 557. Now on a new engine with more fuel, and maintaining rail pressure my baseline is 552 peak- less than a tired stock engine due to being overfueled. With a tow power atmosphere turbo on the previous setup that wouldn't maintain stock nozzles, the gain was 85 hp, making 642. What this test did back up is the fact that the batmowheel can make more power than stock. It also is slower to spool as displayed in the non loaded graphs, but we knew that already from other's testing results. Validation is nice though. I'm definitely excited to see what all the 71's and 72 will do with this combo. This batmo drop in upgrade is not near enough for a guy with more than stock fueling, but definitely better on the top than stock. I'll see if I can get some video of some runs on a non-crowded highway as a smoke reference. Definitely stay tuned for more turbo testing results with this truck as long as no one tries to hype the data into something it's not.

If you guys keep the discussion information based, I'll be glad to continue to share info as we get it sorted out.

Wayne

Reaction score

This exact test is on the list of things we want to do, but as of now is months down the road from happening. The testing how we do it is very time consuming and expensive, so we will continue as we can. Hopefully we make it this far.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
This exact test is on the list of things we want to do, but as of now is months down the road from happening. The testing how we do it is very time consuming and expensive, so we will continue as we can. Hopefully we make it this far.

AND other trucks to finish. Cool info, nice to see some actual results rather than he did she did info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online