Test mule build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Reaction score
Well, the new motor has over 300 miles on it now, and it hit the rollers this morning. I've run some custom tunes, and done a ton of datalogging, but so far I have baseline numbers. For the purposes of this thread, I'll leave my custom tunes out of it, and all the results I provide here will be with IDP's 3.01 Xrace. As a reminder, it has twin pumps, 60 hp nozzles, and the baseline test has stock turbos. Here's some peak power numbers

552 rwhp loading it, and 511 rwhp not loading. The atmospheric turbo built 27 psi on the loaded run, and 24 psi on the non-loaded run. Back pressure is still within the safe range, so the gate hasn't been open yet. FWIW, I'm fairly certain my numbers are seemingly low partly due to how heavy the xrace fuels down low. I know it can do more, but for this test, all the data I'm putting up is from this tune to keep things consistent.

Up in a couple hours I'll have the same test results with the drop-in atmospheric batmowheel as the only change.

Rene G

Reaction score
To guys are doing a great job with all these back-2-back comparisons. Keep up the good work.

08SUPERKING

Reaction score
Well that all good news and waiting for info...

After all the hard work you get to keep the best setup as a trophy...

Wayne

Reaction score
The truck's back together, and waiting on Tadd's truck to get dialed in for steed speed testing. I was hoping to also test the K31 71 mm turbo, but it looks like I'll be out of time to get dyno numbers for that wheel tonight. We're hoping to get 2 different turbos tested per dyno day between the other dyno projects taking place. I expect we'll have the data in the next 2 hours or less.

INFAMOUS

Reaction score
About ready to jump back on the dyno! Bat-Mo-Wheel is the only change for this test. Any guess on the results?

junk.jpg

Wayne

Reaction score
Well, I'm uploading pics of before and after dyno graphs to let them speak for themselves because I was quite surprised at the gains. I guess I'll begin by stating that this is a perfect storm for any turbo upgrade to shine...

twin pumps, 60 hp nozzles, 2.29 ms pw, intercooler, cam, high altitude, etc helped the drop in batmo put the hurt on the stock turbos. I'm sure after I put up the graphs it could cause a firestorm, but keep in mind we have a whole bunch of other turbo tests coming up, and the gains I got are very atypical.

We're mostly interested in how the upgrade turbos stack up against one another, so hopefully soon I'll get the next group of turbos tested. I hope this can turn into good insight as to how the mods perform, and we can all learn from this. I sure wish we had at least one 71 mm turbo to compare it against, but oh well. Graphs to come soon.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Well, I'm uploading pics of before and after dyno graphs to let them speak for themselves because I was quite surprised at the gains. I guess I'll begin by stating that this is a perfect storm for any turbo upgrade to shine...

twin pumps, 60 hp nozzles, 2.29 ms pw, intercooler, cam, high altitude, etc helped the drop in batmo put the hurt on the stock turbos. I'm sure after I put up the graphs it could cause a firestorm, but keep in mind we have a whole bunch of other turbo tests coming up, and the gains I got are very atypical.

We're mostly interested in how the upgrade turbos stack up against one another, so hopefully soon I'll get the next group of turbos tested. I hope this can turn into good insight as to how the mods perform, and we can all learn from this. I sure wish we had at least one 71 mm turbo to compare it against, but oh well. Graphs to come soon.

:naughty:

one2nine

Reaction score
curious on the results and to see how they compare to the 71mm's in your test in high altitude where as rudy's was in lower climates.

Wayne

Reaction score
Looks like JD will have to post graphs as I don't have a computer until tomorrow, and don't know how to do it with my phone. The wife made me rush home, and and help with the kids :shrug:

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Wayne its all good man. Awesome that you guys are doing these tests. It will be good for everyone. Great to see people getting real numbers. Keep up the good work braah.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Here you are gentleman. First picture is a roll on run, second picture is loading the chargers with the brakes.

2ymy3amu.jpg

ne7y5eme.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351907225.855214.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351907225.855214.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online