The 600hp saga continues

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Grooms- I'll holler at him to be sure but if that's the case I'll just leave it off and do a mechanical gauge later.

I'll be sure and do that! Lol! I have a feeling I won't have a problem with this one....

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
It just looked like there was a different issue that caused it. The top end was as much a wreck as the bottom end. It just seemed to me to look more like a hydrolock scenario than just a plain and simple busted rod. I'm going to pull the water Meth system for now. Kinda wondering if that didn't have anything to do with it.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'll get some pictures of the pistons and the rest of the carnage this evening.

I'll leave it blue. I kinda like it. Lol! Besides, the bolt on stuff is all orange and blue anyway so it really kinda matches. Plus if I ever get an oil leak it'll be easier to see where its coming from than a black motor.

I just need to put the pan on, swap the springs out for my 910's, put the injectors in and bolt the valve covers on, and stuff it in the truck!

Last edited:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Umm..... Yeah. Definitely some piston to valve contact! Lol!
2012-06-23_13-57-47_62.jpg

2012-06-23_14-02-24_171.jpg

Tuning looks awful good to me. Star pattern looks like all the stock motors I've pulled apart. I pulled one that had ** ****** infamous piston cracker tune and the star patter went all the way to the cylinder walls. I'm happy with the way things turned out. Its just a shame I didn't blow it up under different circumstances. Lol! I'll have her back on the road in no time!!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
That would be the bad cylinder right???

Valve contact is what took out the rocker arm and bent the push rod... I wonder if when it let go the cylinder went up when it was supposed to still be down..

Now to find out what caused the Forged rod to give out...

I hope it does not happen again!!!

Thanks for the pictures!!!!

ON EDIT: do all the pistons of valve contact?? Or just the one with bent PR and brocken Rocker arm???

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Just the one cylinder. But why did the rocker break? Why was there contact? I would think that will be the root cause of why the rod blew.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Well with the crappy water Meth system I have and the goofy things it was doing, I'm thinking that's what happened. The bottom half of the busted rod is bent over like a candy cane. As if it broke while pushing up and folded over.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
It take a good amount of water to hydro lock a running engine...... Dont ask how I would now....

I do not think I water injection kit can flow the amount of water needed to hydrolock RUNNING engine... It just will not happen,,,

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
The mist you water injection sprays didn't hydrolock it... And are your p rods smith brothers? Ive herd of them bending on more than one occasion..

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
The mist you water injection sprays didn't hydrolock it... And are your p rods smith brothers? Ive herd of them bending on more than one occasion..

There is no way the mist could do that!! I agree..

As for what you wrote next.... Dont scare me like that!!! I have SB Push rods!!

Latest posts

Members online