The 600hp saga continues

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Sorry about your luck. We've got stock cryo treated rods on the shelf ready to ship if you're interested.

Probono right? Lol! Oh I probably ought to stick with Jake. It wouldn't be right after all the help and working with me he's done.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
crowers,main studs, and a cam......

Yeah. For the race truck. I'm gonna put this thing back together the way it is. If i do anything else it'll be cryod rods and possibly coated pistons with bowl work. I'm not doing a bunch more to it. Soon I won't ever have a reason to even turn the chip up unless I just want to screw with some ricer. Lol!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I like your style Chris.

Well the guy has bent over backwards for me on not just this truck but the e99, the excursion, the Mazda, and is still doing it for the race truck. To me it would be a stabbing him in the back to go somewhere else. He'll be where I turn to for the second build of this truck too.

Now Jake I know you read that. You better have some REEEEEALY good prices for me! Hahahaha!!!

TARM

Reaction score
Vander,

I would consider filling the block part ways. I think many of our issues come from block flex that then takes movement off the lines it should be which focuses the stress and things break. Look at all the new stock motors these says they all have bed-plates and that's for motors meant to be beaten all day long at 400hp 800ftlb tq levels. Also get the assembly balanced. Just a suggestion if you are planning the same power levels as that's what your wife is asking for ( i.e. demanding LOL)

TARM

Reaction score
Had tons of personal stuff to take care of the last few months. Hadn't had time to even work on the truck let alone free time to play on the net. Things have settled down finally so things are getting back to normal. Thanks for asking

Homesteader

Reaction score
Vander,

I would consider filling the block part ways. I think many of our issues come from block flex that then takes movement off the lines it should be which focuses the stress and things break. Look at all the new stock motors these says they all have bed-plates and that's for motors meant to be beaten all day long at 400hp 800ftlb tq levels. Also get the assembly balanced. Just a suggestion if you are planning the same power levels as that's what your wife is asking for ( i.e. demanding LOL)

Tim,
Would filling the block on a stock bottom end help to protect them stock forged rods?

BTW Glad to see you back :clapping:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
What's up Tim!?! Well I like the half fill idea. Its not too expensive so I think I'll just do that! I had another idea last night I would like you and Jason Hoffman to chime in on. IF I go with a set of heat treated rods, I will have to pull the pan on my spare motor. While its off and upside down.......... I want to tig the main caps in place. (From my normal following of naysayers) "Huh? What? Tig the main caps in place? Oh no!" Yeah. Tig the main caps in place. The next time this thing comes apart again it'll have another hole in the block so what the hell? No main cap walk for sure! Lol! Then possibly tig the timing gear in place. That ought to suffice for me. That brings up 2 options. Leave it stock with a half fill, or go with treated rods, coated pistons with bowl work, tig main caps, half fill, and tig cam gear.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Roger- Half filling will help keep the block from flexing and putting undue stress on the rods. So yes it should help the stock forged rods a little.

Latest posts

Members online