thoughts

V-Ref

Reaction score
TARM for president '12.

100% of the Presidential ground fleet would be 7.3 PSD powered. Air Force 1 would have new offensive weapons, and have a tail gunner. Affordable Healthcare Act would be replaced with the Affordable Firearm Act. No Gun Left behind slogan banners. Citizenship tests would include topics and terms like ICP, SOI, and require the ability to read a compressor map. The West Wing would get a 4 post lift. He'd give speeches from a Top Side Creeper, instead of a podium.Guatanamo detainees would be required to assemble 4R100s blindfolded in the dark while being waterboarded. And a giant 7.3 injector would be engraved on Mt. Rushmore.

V-Ref

Reaction score
I think I might need to tune off this election some....LOL

But..... I still think I nailed his platform.:D

Forgot to add a tax credit for the purchase of a Garrett GTX turbo.

OSCS

Reaction score
melling in hand, BTS sitting in the shop, 70k forged motor in transit and new gear head tunes.. Im hoping to bring it all together this weekend. oh and the BIG30 code doesnt work anymore for advanced auto.. sucks

Homesteader

Reaction score
You have no idea how ready I am to be up and running again! I talked with kris about the stage 1 and His thoughts are that it's not worth the extra cash. i havent really asked anyone elses opinon on the subject but have heard of the benefits. If he wants to sell me his for cheap I MIGHT consider the cam. Haven't really thought about the melling but to be honest it's because I'm not sure I want to crack that seal on the oil pan.. With only 70k on the "new" motor and all the horror stories I've heard about the sealant getting into the threads I've kind of been avoiding the subject

Is it true about the sealer if it gets into the bottom threads of the block for the oil pan that it could cause the block to crack? That is if the sealer is on the bottom of the hole between the block and the bottom of the bolt when tighten correct?

OSCS

Reaction score
Is it true about the sealer if it gets into the bottom threads of the block for the oil pan that it could cause the block to crack? That is if the sealer is on the bottom of the hole between the block and the bottom of the bolt when tighten correct?

appearently it can cuase the block to crack if it get on the threads and intot he hole. I am avoiding it all together. The motor will be at the shop monday so hopefully i can tie up a buddy to help me drop it in. Ill post pics and keep a log

Homesteader

Reaction score
appearently it can cuase the block to crack if it get on the threads and intot he hole. I am avoiding it all together. The motor will be at the shop monday so hopefully i can tie up a buddy to help me drop it in. Ill post pics and keep a log

I'm thinking if it get between the bottom of the bolt and the block. I'm not sure if it will do it if the sealer is only on the threads being careful not to get them on there. Correct me if I'm wrong. I might be pulling a pan of again .

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
The pressure caused by running the bolt down on top of a highly viscous fluid, will never go away. It'll never bleed off past the threads, it'll never escape.

Constant pressure will eventually weaken everything around it.

Depending on how much silicone was allowed to get into the bolt hole/on the threads...

You may have issues.

OSCS

Reaction score
-7849-4FA3-8542-949CFFB57A5C-6010-00000A152986FF84.jpg

-353F-4C5F-8CEE-64684DA5789B-6010-00000A153ADC5C9A.jpg

CSIPSD

Reaction score
Looks like you can reuse one cooling jet...

Is this out of your old motor or is there a new saga?

OSCS

Reaction score
She's pretty torn up.. This is from the old motor. I tore it apart this weekend when I was swapping all the go fast goodies to the new one.

OSCS

Reaction score
Looks like it took a bite out of the cam as well...

The half of the rod that was still connected to the crank was wedged into the cam preventing the motor from turning over. I had to use the over head crane and a strap to break it free. Only after that whole ordeal was I able to remove the TQ converter from the flex plate... What a nightmare.