want to go lower

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Were all the shocks stock length? That could be the reason for the bad ride. If it is bouncing, the shock isn't doing its job. Could be too compressed and out of its range.

no i tried a shock from when it was lifted, stock height and lower, all the same

The bouncing came from when i unhooked the rear shocks completely to see how the dampning was, of course with no shock the rebound was retarded and it bounce but as far as the initial bump it was the same, i have let some air out of the tires to try and make it ride better and that didnt help either

My truck has always road like ass unloaded even when it was lifted i played this game with the shocks

Austin

Reaction score
Kinda like it how it is....

It's your truck though, my only advice would be to do something where you didn't murder the current setup. That way if you don't like it and decide to go back it's not too difficult.

old96stroker

Reaction score
Weld some hidden hangers under the rear end between the rear wheels and the rollpan and hang some 100# john deere tractor weights under there, 6 a side should do the trick, leave em green too for effect! You'll. Be killing two birds with one stone, lowered and riding like a champ! Just kidding man just being a little goofy, I would say that configuration is prob. Tough to diagnose, do you suffer from a lot of rear wheelhop?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Weld some hidden hangers under the rear end between the rear wheels and the rollpan and hang some 100# john deere tractor weights under there, 6 a side should do the trick, leave em green too for effect! You'll. Be killing two birds with one stone, lowered and riding like a champ! Just kidding man just being a little goofy, I would say that configuration is prob. Tough to diagnose, do you suffer from a lot of rear wheelhop?

Nice one! You had me yelling at the computer screen. LOL

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Kinda like it how it is....

It's your truck though, my only advice would be to do something where you didn't murder the current setup. That way if you don't like it and decide to go back it's not too difficult.

cutting the front springs is the only option, stock springs are only like 150 bucks if i ever decide that i want to go back

LOL at the tractor weights, probably would help the ride though LOL
No wheel hop right now, im sure getting rid of some leafs will make wheel hop happen more but im planning on putting my traction bars back on
Front def needs to come down as far as you can with the bumpstops. Not sure 1/2in would be enough though.

Ill measure the stop and stuff tonight and see how close i can get, right now i rely heavily on the bump stop up front for dampning on the big bumps.

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
Finding the correct shocks is going to be tuff. I had some custom made afco shock that worked well for a little while but they came apart, twice. I slowed down the rebound and increased the stiffness on the rear and it helped, I also took out a leaf. Right now I'm running adjustable Ranchos and they are not too bad.

Your truck will look like a limo any lower!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
You could cut the bump stop ....
Yeah im going to there is no way around that to go lower
Finding the correct shocks is going to be tuff. I had some custom made afco shock that worked well for a little while but they came apart, twice. I slowed down the rebound and increased the stiffness on the rear and it helped, I also took out a leaf. Right now I'm running adjustable Ranchos and they are not too bad.

Your truck will look like a limo any lower!

Im ok with that, my truck gets looks and compliments everywhere i go, amazing what doing something different from everyone around you does...

old96stroker

Reaction score
Hell you prbably don't. Even need to put a snowplow on that thing where you are from, hey, just put a feed sack over the grill and start pushing! All seriousness though why not just get a two wheel drive and do this or is that missing the point? Not trying to be a smartass just asking.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
Hell you prbably don't. Even need to put a snowplow on that thing where you are from, hey, just put a feed sack over the grill and start pushing! All seriousness though why not just get a two wheel drive and do this or is that missing the point? Not trying to be a smartass just asking.

well you should see the other paths this truck has went through.. couldnt have been 2wd.. i have to say, i liked the lifted look with 37s the best-but i understand why you went with this setup. and i hated it to begin with, but it looks great now man. props for sure:thumbup:

David S.

Reaction score
well you should see the other paths this truck has went through.. couldnt have been 2wd.. i have to say, i liked the lifted look with 37s the best-but i understand why you went with this setup. and i hated it to begin with, but it looks great now man. props for sure:thumbup:

same here, i've always been a lifted truck fan myself, but seeing a cclb like mine pull off the lowered look makes me jealous

Dzchey21

Reaction score
im happy with the truck now, i dont ever go offroading or anything like that, i see a dirt road every other day for a mile or so, but thats about it, just need 4wd for the ice and snow in the winter, not really deep snow just slick.

David S.

Reaction score
i never could.. mine sees quite a bit offroad, but i love the look! im at stock height, thats as low as i can go

same here, i live on a 4 mile long dirt road that gets shut down every time the wind blows hard enough, so it wouldnt be very practical for me

old96stroker

Reaction score
I understand now, I didn't know it saw the quarter mile that much, sorry, I personally think the truck looks killer the way it sets. If it were mine I would put a slightly taller tire on it but I think I said that already. I personally have never rode in a cclb that rode very nice without weight in iy, just curious though would a set of f150 springs work under there? Maybe you keep the main spring for attaching and then add a couple half ton springs? I don't know, just talking out of my azz.

Latest posts

Members online