want to go lower

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
Did you ever see Scott's truck when it was lowered (not lowered anymore lol)

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-4-exterior-discussion/165137-before-after-week-later.html

Before, lifted:

DSC_0001-3.jpg

after, lowered:

SSPX0085.jpg

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
I bought a black thick plastic storage container bout half the size of a bed box from home depot put 2 90 pound bags of concrete and keep it in the bed against the tailgate. Lowered about 2in and rides like a dream.

SoCalPsd-Corey

TxFireman1972

Reaction score
I bought a black thick plastic storage container bout half the size of a bed box from home depot put 2 90 pound bags of concrete and keep it in the bed against the tailgate. Lowered about 2in and rides like a dream.

SoCalPsd-Corey

I like the concept, but would like something more permanent, and something that doesn't kill my bed space.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I took the main leaf out on the rear didnt seem to.do much.for.lowering or ride quality

White_monster

Reaction score
Dustin that's strange your truck rides so rough. I've got the same chassis truck and it rides great. I wonder if having your slip yoke max'd out for plunge could cause the ride issue. Before I put my traction bars on my truck rode smoother than a 1/2 ton so I know you can do it. My setup is the 1 7/8 block, stock front coils, and Rancho 9000's all the way around. The caltracs firmed up the ride a little bit but nothing major. Good luck. Oh hydro bump stops up front would be the answer to your bottom out bumper issues.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I.am to.the end of.the travel on my drive shaft. I don't think its binding but who knows at this point. I lost the end yokes to my stock shaft. I'm going to try and find them today and put the stock.shaft on it and see what happens

David S.

Reaction score
What are the specs of scott's truck when it was lowered? I really like that stance

Dzchey21

Reaction score
What are the specs of scott's truck when it was lowered? I really like that stance

i think he took two leafs out, left the main leaf, then cut 1 full coil out or something like that in the front, damn near was on the bump stops, which is what i want, but taking the main leaf out of the back didnt really do much for lowering it.

Going to cut the shaft before i do anything else

David S.

Reaction score
I could never sit that close to the bumpstops, but I defientaly want to go for a lowered stance

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Ok so i lied, my rear springs settled a bunch after a coule drives, about 1.5 inches taking the big main leaf spring out. So im going to drop the front the same or maybe just a little more, i hate when the front sits higher than the back. Might try and do that tomorrow. then im going to take some good measurements and order some shocks, hopefully the ride is better, but right now its better than it was so im happy, plus its tuckin the fender a little better, ill snap a pic in a sec.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
And from the rear... and a pic of the leafs to show which ones you took out, and a pics of the side :D

ok i will i just took the really thick spring out from the bottom...

Ill take a pic tomorrow from the side if i can to get an idea of how the back end came down compared to the front

my plan is to go lower with the front then the back by about 1/2 or so, maybe less, but i dont want the rear to ever look lower than the front again, i hate it

cfdeng7

Reaction score
maybe ditching the front bump stops for some hydro bump stops would help so when u lower the front more you aren't bouncing off those hard rubber stockers

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Can't believe you don't like that look!? It is starting to become a trend here. See tucks with a 8" in the front and a 6" out back. Dumb ass crap.

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
So today i was talking to a guy that works at a suspension shop and he doesn't reccomend taking the over load leaf out on diesels unless you have a good set of torque bars? He claims that they help spread the load on the leaf during acceleration as opposed to stressing a small area, and i believe him. Why you ask? Try driving down the freeway at 65 only to have your pass side rear leaf snap. Truck does some funny **** when that happens. New leafs will be ready next tuesday.

SoCalPsd-Corey

Latest posts

Members online