want to go lower

SouthFlstrokin'

Reaction score
So today i was talking to a guy that works at a suspension shop and he doesn't reccomend taking the over load leaf out on diesels unless you have a good set of torque bars? He claims that they help spread the load on the leaf during acceleration as opposed to stressing a small area, and i believe him. Why you ask? Try driving down the freeway at 65 only to have your pass side rear leaf snap. Truck does some funny **** when that happens. New leafs will be ready next tuesday.

SoCalPsd-Corey

Wow ok im not taking it out for sure now LOL

SoCalPSD

Reaction score
Its funny though because i know a few guys that havnt had them on their truck for years and well i take mine off and a month later crack snap and oh ****. But the positive side to all this is apparently this guy knows his stuff. He's making a leaf pack with 3 more springs than factory and yet it will drop the rear of the truck 2 1/2 in ,have higher load capabilities and ride softer than the originals.

And to quote him " any jackass working at a half assed shop could build a set of these hung over on a monday"

Cost - $700 even

SoCalPsd-Corey

Dzchey21

Reaction score
maybe ditching the front bump stops for some hydro bump stops would help so when u lower the front more you aren't bouncing off those hard rubber stockers
I thought about doing that too honestly, energy suspensions makes some nice bump stops that i can cut and should gain me another 1/2 travel in bump stop so i might try that first, gunna chop the front down tomorrow night i think.
So today i was talking to a guy that works at a suspension shop and he doesn't reccomend taking the over load leaf out on diesels unless you have a good set of torque bars? He claims that they help spread the load on the leaf during acceleration as opposed to stressing a small area, and i believe him. Why you ask? Try driving down the freeway at 65 only to have your pass side rear leaf snap. Truck does some funny **** when that happens. New leafs will be ready next tuesday.

SoCalPsd-Corey

I could see that for sure, im putting my traction bars back on so i dont think it will be an issue at all.

Latest posts

Members online