want to go lower

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
would it ride like **** with a timbren spring in front? i guess there not springs but a rubber bump stop thats supposed to help with load that acts like a spring...

jdgleason

Reaction score
Dustin isn't the progression of the 350 spring quite a bit different than the 5.4 spring? Essentially just because you're as low as a 5.4 spring doesn't mean its going to ride the same? Maybe you should link the rear with some bags....

JDub

Reaction score
Just to anyone interested, I've got a spare set of stock front coil springs out of a 2008 truck with less than 30,000 miles on them, if someone is wanting a set to cut off shorter...

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just in case someone is considering this, cutting springs raises your spring rate. 1/4 coil won't make a huge difference, but more and it will get worse.

Dustin, you still have your traction bars?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yes i know cutting the coil raises the spring rate, but the front honestly doesnt feel different at all, lifted it rode the best but thats the only difference i noticed

Yes i have my bars still just gotta build a mount for the axle, might take it racing next weekend so i need to get on that...

Dzchey21

Reaction score
24s almost went on my truck when i bought new wheels, i couldnt deal with the 2100 lb load rating....

My project truck might be 2wd...

Erikclaw

Reaction score
If the ride quality is that bad, and you aren't going to go to an air ride setup... get higher profile tires. Sounds like you have very limited travel to begin with, lowering it more will make it worse. Taller tire to fill the wheel well and give it the illusion of being lower.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
the ride is good in the front... thats the only part where the travel is becoming limited

the rear rides bad, i have a ton of travel left in the rear...

Taller tires arent going to happen, and the tires actually ride pretty well, better than the 18s i was running with MORE sidewall, so i dont think thats it either

Im battling the same ride issues i had when the truck was lifted...

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That is wierd. I actually think taking out a leaf might be a good solution for your problem. If you have tried new shocks, and still have a good amt of travel left, then it seems your springs are the limiting factor. You could try greasing the shackle bolts, and only tightening them with the weight of the truck on them first .

Latest posts

Members online