webb06 official build thread

Dzchey21

Reaction score
For the most part unless you are running a new Cam with flat tappet lifters there really are no rules about break in.

When we do overhauls here at work we get them up to temp and then they go on a full load dyno and get pulled from 1800 ,rpm down to 1100 and held there for sometimes 10 min. Best way to make sure you don't have any issues

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
It's true though, most dirt track guys will tell you there is no break-in for a new built engine, just put the pedal down and try to win the feature.

Meniacal_Mark

Reaction score
Yup pretty much the same thing, everybody who's never there comes up to listen to the new engine, and you find out who the pu$$ies are when they cant stand the alky fumes in the garage LOL.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i think break in is for rings and assembly lube. dustin is a turd.

webb06

Reaction score
Anybody got some used exhaust sensors they wanna donate me? That way I do t have to buy new ones!!!

BFT

Reaction score
In my old race car we got everything squared away and started, put it on a trailer and strapped it to a dyno. Then waited till it got to operating temp while rolling on the dyno, then gave it hell for many hours.

webb06

Reaction score
If I need it to run gearhead files then ya ill need it as well. Idk if you gotta have it or not

Latest posts

Members online