what to buy 6.4 or lbz?

caleb90

Reaction score
If the 6.4 was driven in the winter at all here in Ohio, I would definitely buy the Chevy, and I'm a Ford guy. I've looked at many "clean" and "one small rust spot" trucks here in Ohio. That's why I bought my 79 from down south and my F250 is a Texas truck LOL

Where im from they dont last long trust me..i had this guy take me a thousand pics and trust me its clean as a whistle. Not a single bubble on the rockers or inside bottoms of doors the lbz out of southren va has more surface rust on small nuts and bolts on the frame

greyford1979

Reaction score
Where im from they dont last long trust me..i had this guy take me a thousand pics and trust me its clean as a whistle. Not a single bubble on the rockers or inside bottoms of doors the lbz out of southren va has more surface rust on small nuts and bolts on the frame

Well that's good, definitely good to do the homework and not just take someone's word, especially in states like ours lol.

caleb90

Reaction score
If i new how to post pics on her with my phone id hive you guys an idea of what im looking at

Dalton_H

Reaction score
I know your trying to buy something you can drive to and see but why not look into buying something down here in texas and shipping or flying out and driving it back. The difference in price in trucks here would be more then enough to cover the cost of flight and fuel and you'd end up with more truck for your money. Just my 2 cents.

caleb90

Reaction score
I know your trying to buy something you can drive to and see but why not look into buying something down here in texas and shipping or flying out and driving it back. The difference in price in trucks here would be more then enough to cover the cost of flight and fuel and you'd end up with more truck for your money. Just my 2 cents.

Will be a cold day in hell when i fly.and shipping im not into,to many things to go wrong

caleb90

Reaction score
I wouldnt say im a dooms day prepper , but i do have plenty of toys for if **** hits the fan.

caleb90

Reaction score
We have a good sponsor (Corbin shipping) on here that does some top notch shipping if you change your mind about shipping.

My problem is that i wont fly, i dont have the time to drive down that far aswell.so buying a vehicle that i cant see in person is out of question for me

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
Will be a cold day in hell when i fly.and shipping im not into,to many things to go wrong

I'm from Hawaii and I just bought two 6.4's from Texas and drove them to California to have them shipped to Hawaii. Total of 2200 or so miles. Trust me if you lived here there is a big difference in price. Covering airfare food fuel hotel etc is still cheaper than buying a truck from down here in Hawaii. Way cheaper.

caleb90

Reaction score
I will peddel a bike before i will fly, flew once and never again..but what i want to know is what some of you guys do for work! Because i was checking out some of the builds you guys are doing and damn money to burn, i missed out on somthing in life haha

RSK

Reaction score
I will peddel a bike before i will fly, flew once and never again..but what i want to know is what some of you guys do for work! Because i was checking out some of the builds you guys are doing and damn money to burn, i missed out on somthing in life haha

cut grass, pull weeds, prune shrubs, haul wood away. plant shrubs, perennials. whatever my customers want, spring/fall clean ups. pick up sticks lol. one lawn for 50 dollars might not seem like a lot, but get 50 of them every week...plus add a day or two of other work like shrub pruning, or planting stuff, or mulching and before you know it you are making 6 figures working 8 months out of the year at least in Ct anyways... but you need to be ambitious, that's the key to success.

Last edited:

caleb90

Reaction score
Lets see, did quarry work for many years and logging moved to commercial roofing for a couple years then i seddled on welding.been with a company for four years working my ass off and im makin 17.50 an hr.which is crap for a welder but in my area making that kind of money is like being donald trump, ive thought hard about leaving home to chase the money but family is tough to leave..

RSK

Reaction score
Lets see, did quarry work for many years and logging moved to commercial roofing for a couple years then i seddled on welding.been with a company for four years working my ass off and im makin 17.50 an hr.which is crap for a welder but in my area making that kind of money is like being donald trump, i've thought hard about leaving home to chase the money but family is tough to leave..

I hear ya, my buddy works for his dads office furniture moving company that employs about 50 people and he's been there for close to 8 or 9 years and I would bet straight time he doesn't make that much, and his dad owns the company, he works 6 days a week and takes 2 weeks off a year. no more, no less. I'm sorry to say that life is not for me. God bless you. I don't blame you, I wouldn't leave my family for money. Also like you said the area you live in determines a lot of it too. Ct is one of if not the most expensive states to live in.... anyways good look with the truck.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score

Its a pretty varied group of people on here across all walks of life with builds. I'm an engineer in a niche market - I'm also not afraid to get on a plane, for instance next week I will fly to Chicago and back in one day, visit a customer for a few hours, and if I was working as a contract consultant that one trip would clear me a couple of grand, but as it is I am salary, which makes the pay steady, even if it is a bit less impressive.

caleb90

Reaction score
Ive decided agaisnt the 6.4 strictly because there is to much risk..lifters hpfp timing cover just to name a few.if im going to dump a couple grand into a truck, its going to be because i want to not because its a pile.

RSK

Reaction score
Ive decided agaisnt the 6.4 strictly because there is to much risk..lifters hpfp timing cover just to name a few.if im going to dump a couple grand into a truck, its going to be because i want to not because its a pile.

probably a better choice for your needs and wants.

Latest posts

Members online